Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strut cartridge replacment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
does any one no a trick to getting out the strut cartridges on a -4 suspension? i undid the single nut on top and dropped it down, but i cant get the collar thing to unthread out of the strut housing. i have sprayed it down with penetrating oil many times and my father and I can't get it to budge. Thanks.
Cap'n Krusty
A large pipe wrench, a large pair of Channel Locks, or a chisel and a BFH. All work well. The Cap'n
Loser_Cruiser
how would i go about using a chisel or and a hammer? i have an air chisel and quite a few BFH's laying around. whats the trick?
Loser_Cruiser
icon_bump.gif This method sounds helful please share.
Cap'n Krusty
An air chisel! Way to go. I didn't mention one because most folks can't try this at home. If you have the nut for a spanner wrench, you just use the notches to apply the air chisel. If you have the hex nut, you might want to use the pipe wrench, although a judiciously placed air chisel will work fine, assuming you place it carefully and use a delicate touch. Air chisel? Delicate? What is he, nuts? Go for it! The Cap'n
Loser_Cruiser
This is what the view from the top looks like. the two circles are thru holes. the two rectangles represent notches that are part of a circular cap piece that threads into the top of the strut cartridge its self. are thes stock?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.