Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Open to suggestions, front gt valance color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I am hoping to get the turbo car painted next week. I have been hard at it cleaning up the trunks and engine bay, the rest is of the car is in primer and almost ready to block.
I am going to paint the rockers and rear valance satin black, but am looking for suggestions on my custom gt valance paint it Signal Orange like the car or satin black like the rockers. The plus for satin black of course is stone chip touch ups.
I made the opening for the front oil cooler cutout 1 inch lower than the early shot of the valance when I was starting to work it up, so it is more like the photoshoped ones.

The use of the Lufthansa Gt is only for Signal Orange car purposes i dont plan on making mine a clone of it. confused24.gif
DanT
Very nice job.....I kind of like it in orange but then I am partial to most shades of orange....
I understand why you would like to keep it black like the valence and rockers.
The satin black is easy to touch up. I do mine after every AX/track event. If mine were just a street car I would probably go for orange on all the valences and rockers.
So.Cal.914
IMHO the color of the car.
iamchappy
They have a new paint product out which is suppose to resist stone chipping. If the stuff really works then that would take that negative out of my decision to paint it orange.
Last time i asked you guys for help I ask weather i should paint the car or turbo it.
Now that it's turboed 2 years later finally the paint.

http://armorcoat.armorauto.com/testimonials/
BigDBass
I prefer the valences to match the rockers. And the carpet to match the drapes.
nomore9one4
I say paint the valance and the rockers orange smile.gif but if you must have the rockers black then I would paint the valance black aswell.
jaminM3
Since the rockers are black I would go with black...

But, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
smile.gif
sww914
My first reaction is go all body color or all black, then I think about my car and it has body color rockers and a black spoiler.
As far as looks go, I prefer everything painted body color.
Since my car is a racecar, I painted the F spoiler black after the first time (of 20) that it got banged up so that I could do a spray can touch up as necessary.
GTeener
go with the same color as the rocker panels popcorn[1].gif
jonferns
black...wont look too good if its different than the rockers
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 6 2007, 11:29 AM) *

Since the rockers are black I would go with black...

But, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
smile.gif

agree.gif 100%

cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.