Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield removal - removing clips first
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
OK, I've done quite a bit of research on this site for the correct method to removing a windshield, but I have one big question:

How do I remove the clips below the butyl tape before I begin using the guitar string to saw it out?

I've tried to remove (2) windshields and both have cracked where the clips were.

-- Rob
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 6 2007, 04:32 AM) *

OK, I've done quite a bit of research on this site for the correct method to removing a windshield, but I have one big question:

How do I remove the clips below the butyl tape before I begin using the guitar string to saw it out?

I've tried to remove (2) windshields and both have cracked where the clips were.

-- Rob

Take a putty knife with a narrow,thin blade,slide it between the body and the clip. Give it a tap with a hammer to cut the head of the clip off the peg that holds it in the body. You will have to replace all the clips but you should do this anyway.

Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.