Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ot-Possibly the next toy in the garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
idea.gif I recently have gotten addicted to the classic motorcycle bug. I found this and want it in the worst way.It may someday take up the spot in the garage where the T-bird sits. confused24.gif
jaminM3
Info?
What is it? year? Model? etc...
nomore9one4
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 6 2007, 07:37 AM) *

Info?
What is it? year? Model? etc...

Guess? No, It is a 1967 Replica BMW 750
i love porsche
what year is your T bird?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 6 2007, 08:09 AM) *

what year is your T bird?

'63
jasons
What is it, a Ural commie bike?
i love porsche
is it convertible?
jaminM3
Is this a custom or is there a company cranking them out?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 6 2007, 08:59 AM) *

Company in California makes them or atleast sells them.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 6 2007, 08:38 AM) *

is it convertible?

No convertible. It has a white Landau top on a baby blue body.
jasons
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 6 2007, 08:59 AM) *

Company in California makes them or atleast sells them.

Komrads, I'm pretty sure thats a Ural Russkie bike.

http://www.ural.com/
Dr Evil
Nope, Chinese. I forget the brand name at the moment.
nomore9one4
Injuiring minds want to know! biggrin.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-CJ750-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Coy
I think that would be cool if you have kids. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with a side car; they don't handle like a regular bike at all.

If you buy it, you should get the vintage style valve covers; those are polished 1979-1993 valve covers. You can order old style covers from Bob's BMW
jasons
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 6 2007, 10:38 AM) *

Yup upon further review.... I don't think its a Ural. Either way, it looks like it should come with an SKS or an AK-47!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Coy @ Jul 6 2007, 09:43 AM) *

I think that would be cool if you have kids. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with a side car; they don't handle like a regular bike at all.

If you buy it, you should get the vintage style valve covers; those are polished 1979-1993 valve covers. You can order old style covers from Bob's BMW

We have the next best thing.....Dogs! they would love it.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 6 2007, 09:45 AM) *

Yup upon further review.... I don't think its a Ural. Either way, it looks like it should come with an SKS or an AK-47!

or you could go to my link and be really really sure! biggrin.gif
jasons
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 6 2007, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 6 2007, 09:45 AM) *

or you could go to my link and be really really sure! biggrin.gif

Yeah ebay links don't work, at work. But I'm resourceful either way....

http://www.chang-jiang.com/bmw/welcome.html
Dr Evil
They are Chian jiang. This is a cool one I found with a BMW engine put in it.
nomore9one4
What do you say we all buy one? We could be a gang. idea.gif Dr. you can be our leader.We can get matching jackets and everything. drunk.gif

The red is pretty sweet! drooley.gif
turboman808
Thats the one I want to buy. Classic styling with a cafe racer feel.

I want the old one with the triangle type fork. Think they went to that one around 65.

IPB Image
Dr Evil
That is a /2 and is no racer. Its heavy, expensive and good for cruising only. If you want to cafe one, I would recommend a /6 as they are less expensive and easy to customize into a cafe style. The triangle forks are called "Earls" forks and were the standard up until the /5 line in 70.

Here are some examples of later model cafe racers. /5 have Drum brakes in front, /6 and newer are disk. A great start would be a dual disk R65/6.

I accept the nomination for leader of the biker gang...not sure about matching jackets, too pretentious wink.gif
nomore9one4
I declare the Good Dr. as our leader! heres a few others that whewed me. rolleyes.gif
nomore9one4
and then some...
turboman808
Yeah that's what I want to do. Get a late 50s early 60s model with the single seat and early forks and the drop bars. I haven't been able to find a picture of the combination but I did see it once and thought it was the coolest bike I have ever seen.
JPB
This is some sick adictive stuff yall are posting here bros. beer.gif
VaccaRabite
For what it is worth.

A friend of mine owned one of those Chineses copies of a Russian copy of a WWII BMW. He did all the back dating to make it spec for BMW ~1943, but when it all got boiled down, it was still just a cheap Chinese bike. He sold it about 2 years later, saying that it looked cool, but that was about it; it was the worst bike he had ever had.

If it were me, I'd buy a Ural instead. Same idea, and a much better bike. Or, spend the $$$ and restore an actual BMW.

Zach
Dr Evil
You can get a nice BMW for that price and customize it to look similar, but BETTER, IMHO. I like the one I posted because it has a BMW power plant, but it did have some reported short comings.
jasons
I don't think I would monkey with any of those commie bikes myself. I've always had a sweet spot for the Honda GB500, if you can find one....

IPB Image
Coy
That Honda's a sweet bike. There's one that makes it to the vintage ride here every year. Very nice!

If you want a Beemer, I'd agree with the good doctor; buy a real BMW. They are affordable and easy to modify. Not only that, but they are dependable and require little maintenance. They also maintain their value well.

my 2 cents...
Coy
Here's a cafe Beemer with Earls forks and some kind of Schwin saddlebags. WTF.gif

Possibly the ugliest BMW in the world... IMHO. Others may feel strongly the other way... I don't know. biggrin.gif

Cafe BMW
Dr Evil
Poor bike, its not its fault sad.gif
bottomend
Skip the chinese junk and save up for the real thing. BMW's are great bikes. Lots of personality and they'll run forever.
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 6 2007, 10:51 AM) *

I would recommend a /6 as they are less expensive and easy to customize into a cafe style. A great start would be a dual disk R65/6.

HHMmmmm interesting. idea.gif He recommends a R65 for others yet ridicules me for having one.......what a flacid penis he be. stirthepot.gif BTW Drag bars are on and it makes a HUGE difference. Seat pan and rear housing have been partially mocked up, all I need now is to find a little time to pund it out smash.gif
scotty b
Oh yeah heres a pic of an awesome Ural. Not crazy about the Nazi logos but they fit the look very well.
scotty b
Slightly OT but heres a pic of a cb500. I will be doing something similar with one aof my friends 550 in the fall. This was built by Carpy, a semi well known cafe builder in So-Cal
Dr Evil
An R65 would be a great start........then your balls drop, voice changes, ya sprout pubic hair and need a better, bigger bike finger.gif biggrin.gif

How about a pic of yours now?
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 8 2007, 12:13 PM) *

An R65 would be a great start........then your balls drop, voice changes, ya sprout pubic hair and need a better, bigger bike finger.gif biggrin.gif

How about a pic of yours now?

What can I say...I like to take ugly, underpowerd, inexpensive vehicles and turn them into something better??? I'll try to remember to take a few pics this week so you'll have some more ammo Mike dry.gif
Dr Evil
Aw, dont be such a pansy grouphug.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 8 2007, 08:17 PM) *

Aw, dont be such a pansy grouphug.gif

back on topic boys or I'll have to call your mother! yikes.gif biggrin.gif

I found this cool little scooter on Ebay. 1941 Matchless confused24.gif I never heard of it,but it has cool all over it.
VaccaRabite
Looks like a BSA or a Royal Enfield from that era.

Zach
Coy
I don't know much about them, but that's a "Matchless" logo on the tank. biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Coy @ Jul 9 2007, 07:31 AM) *

I don't know much about them, but that's a "Matchless" logo on the tank. biggrin.gif

Thanks, I edited it! I guess I have "matchstick" on the mind smoke.gif (thats a cigar and not something JPB would be smokin or Monica for that matter icon8.gif ) laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.