Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morphenspectra's Passenger Footwell Sub ENclosure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Pics would be great too. I'd like to make it as incognito as possible - maybe paint a grill to match the carpet so it blends together? I don't want any teenage knuckleheads breaking my window to rip my speakers out...
Rand
Lay the carpet over the top of it for complete stealth. Bass from a woofer will go right through. I saw (or should I say, didn't see) Troy's. It was completely invisible, and kicked. Very cool.
pete-stevers
i have one with a 8 inch jbl....works great.....i can't even tell the motor is on with it cranked up
.....no wonder i can't hear people talk across the room the next day....
morph
Hey pete you got a photo of that flush job i did to yours ?
im intrested in seeing what it looks like in your car. biggrin.gif
james

ptravnic
QUOTE(morph @ Jul 6 2007, 01:23 PM) *

Hey pete you got a photo of that flush job i did to yours ?
im intrested in seeing what it looks like in your car. biggrin.gif
james

Hey James - I hope to get things sorted before I go back to school in mid Aug. I'll certainly post pics when I do! I think it has the ability to be stealth and that's how I intend to install it.

I'm still wondering which SPECIFIC model sub works well in that specific enclosure. I understand it is about 0.5 cubic feet of airspace. I'm hoping audio experts chime in...

-pt
hex123
a 8 inch kicker solobaric will work in that small of a box but they need lots of juice to sound good and they are square. its hard to say x model will sound best in x sized box. since sound quality is very subjective i might think speaker z is awesome but i only listen to opera or you may hate rap and someone is recommending something that makes the car shake like a jackhammer but sounds terrible to you .
pete-stevers
i should take some pics....it looks great....maybe tonight
fat73
Here's mine. Used Audiobahn and Blaupunkt stuff from AA.

Click to view attachment

Ed aka W9R1
orthobiz
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 6 2007, 12:36 PM) *

i have one with a 8 inch jbl....works great.....i can't even tell the motor is on with it cranked up
.....no wonder i can't hear people talk across the room the next day....

Funny you should put it this way...have been driving my new car for a couple of weeks and I have to crank up the (regular) stereo just to hear the music. No wonder at 51 I'm going deaf! I had Dahlquist speakers back in the 80's and commuted every day for 5 years in teeners. I'm sure I left some of my hearing. Riley in Fargo has my old black car, maybe I should see if he found my hearing in there!!!!

As I tell my kids, one thing I would do differently if I could go through life again (seriously) is listen to music a little less loudly.

Paul
wilchek
you should have said something when you were in hershey i would have showed you mine. let me know if you need anything. I ended up with the floor mats over the speaker so you can never see that it is there.

check this our for my somewhat step by step

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=47247&hl=

and maybe this

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=45641&hl=

scotty b
For thos eof you desiring a flushmount with carpet over the speaker I would HIGHLY recommend putting a piece of expanded metal over the speaker before carpeting. This would prevent an unknowing passenger from putting their foot through your cone headbang.gif
JPB
agree.gif Ain't that the freekin truth. beer.gif
wilchek
i bought the sub grill from jl and it was more than strong enough to stop a person from putting there foot thru it. It was like 9bucks on their web site. I found that no store caries the grills so you have to buy them direct online.

http://store.jlaudio.com/home.php?cat=255

By the way I used a 8in JL and it was a bit tight. I could not get a 10 but the 8 was more than enough if the box is the correct size. If you find a way to port it you will get deeper base. I did not port it as it was more than enough for me. Also move the sub all the way to the right toward the center console.
messix
there was another stereo thread that i posted pictures of the sub in, i don't have the pictures any more since hard drive crash.

maybe some one with more time than brains can due the search. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.