Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Code L32K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
ok, going to pick up a roller this weekend, and the owner says the paint code is L32K...the pics look very orange, but the paint code is phoenix red...does this color tend to look very orange?? heres what the color looks like

Click to view attachment

thanks alot -JON
BigDBass
Yes, Phoenix red is more orange than red. Great color!
rjames
Isn't pheonix red one of the colors that often looks different in photos (ie: orange)?
confused24.gif
Midtowner
Perhaps this might help. Almaden Valley Dan's L32K in foreground and my Signal Orange '73. smile.gif
jonferns
wow..this color really looks different in every pic I see -JON
DanT
here are a couple more pics of my #5
Phoenix Red L32K
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 6 2007, 10:05 AM) *

but the paint code is phoenix red...

soilent green is people!!!

err, i mean:

phoenix red is orange!
cool_shades.gif Andy
Johny Blackstain
Phoenix Red is more orange than red by a long shot. It's also damned close to Chevy engine block orange, as in I can't tell them apart blink.gif . Saved some money buying that for touch up over actual Porsche touch up paint (for my wheels).

cool_shades.gif
orthobiz
Part of the problem is the red/orange/yellow continuum seems to saturate the digital camera's ability to accurately reproduce the color. Check out the original shot from the p.o. of the engine compartment from my Phoenix Red. It goes from yellow to orange.

IPB Image

Paul
DanT
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 7 2007, 08:06 AM) *

Part of the problem is the red/orange/yellow continuum seems to saturate the digital camera's ability to accurately reproduce the color. Check out the original shot from the p.o. of the engine compartment from my Phoenix Red. It goes from yellow to orange.

IPB Image

Paul

agree.gif every pic of mine, especially in the sun, comes out with a range of color orange.
roadster fan
I have a phoenix red car that I was gonna color change, due to the fact the current paint is oxidized, rusty, been painted over poorly etc.

I polished 1 door though to see what the color could look like and was intrigued. Went to the West Coast Ramble and saw a couple of L32K cars...........Oh yeah, baby the car will remain Phoenix Red. It is a beautiful color especially in the sun.

Just my .02

Jim
thesey914
VERY Orange.....

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.