Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show Me Some WHITE 914'S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JC 914
My '74 2.0 is going to paint soon, and I want to change from Light Ivory to a brighter white. Some pics & suggestions??
Toast
Here is one with Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Vacation. biggrin.gif
(Ignore the Fiat Spyder across the street. wink.gif )

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
No point in a picture, my 914 is Ivory White, but the colour I think your looking for is called Artic White. I don't think it's a regular 914 colour, more like 911 or 928.

cool_shades.gif
DanT
here you go
914-6 in white
kpex914
Heres mine.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/859972/1
Scott S
This is a two stage dupont in Vail White (seemed appropriate based on where I live...)

I have never seen a better "bright white". It makes other cars either look off white or leaning towards more of a blue white.
szuccaro
Why change from light ivory? Dont go too white (ie.. appliance white). Steve
JPB
The perfect clor for your4 car is in the front trunk on a Ghia lable. If you use that color, it will be perfect period!

French frog has spoken!:froggy:
PORobinSCHE
WHITE........primer alfred.gif
jimkelly
my 1975 - pic from for sale of previous
marks914
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Jul 6 2007, 05:55 PM) *

Dude,
get that sidemarker off of your fascia.

Looks like you also have a new JK, how do you like it? they are selling like crazy, my boss told me we only have a 2 day supply.

Mark
JPB
QUOTE(marks914 @ Jul 7 2007, 08:29 AM) *

Dude,

Looks like you also have a new JK, how do you like it? they are selling like crazy, my boss told me we only have a 2 day supply.

Mark

Maybe he is safety conscious. beer.gif
scottb
here's my white 73.....
v82go
Here is white one I have for sale on pelican.
JC 914
QUOTE(marks914 @ Jul 7 2007, 08:29 AM) *

Dude,

Mark

The side skirts are definitely going, as well as the rear spoiler, pin striping, and the blue paint on the Rivieras!

What's a JK??
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(v82go @ Jul 7 2007, 09:05 AM) *

Here is white one I have for sale on pelican.

i'll trade you my 914 for the MGB in the garage thumb3d.gif

lotus_65
imo there's no depth in white.
that being said, the most beautiful car color is "white"~ the LOA9 audi pearl white tri-coat. that's the only white i would consider, but it's an ivory.
STL914
In spring of 1999, I had my 74 Light Ivory repainted by Maaco [ headbang.gif ] a Ford truck color called "Ultra White". This was the brightest white I have seen. I believe the paint code is M6774A. I've attached two pictures, one just after the repaint, shot from a distance and the other was taken last year as the car was being dismantled. The second picture shows the difference between the original Light Ivory and the Ultra White.
jaminM3
When he said JK, he meant the new model Jeep Wrangler. JK is their internal model designation. just like 930, 951. If you look in the background of the post of the car with the side marker light on his fascia you can see a new jeep in the background.
Katmanken
Here is where I go when selecting an exact shade of an appliance color for my car.......

brilliantrot
Mine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.