Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory Unilite + D-Jet = no dice huh?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
I was getting all excited at the prospect of dropping a Unilite in my stock '74 2.0, that was until I read that the Unilite can't be used with the D-Jet FI setup. The benefits of the Unilite sounded so tempting at such a low price point, too. sad.gif

So that leaves me with two questions:

1. Why can't it work? I did a site search (here and on aircooledtech) and though I came up with lots of good info, I didn't find an explanation of this issue. In the interest in learning as much about my car as possible, I'd like to know more...

2. What are my options here, if any? Can the Unilite and D-Jet play well together if other mods are included? confused24.gif

Thanks all, and happy Friday beerchug.gif
jasons
You have to find a way to trigger the FI system. The DJet dizzy has FI trigger points built into it. I think Mike Mueller did it with some kind of hall sensor or opto sensors and a custom degree wheel.

Search for threads by Mueller with the text unilite.
mike373
WAnna sell your Mallory??

Mike
Lavanaut
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 6 2007, 02:40 PM) *

You have to find a way to trigger the FI system. The DJet dizzy has FI trigger points built into it. I think Mike Mueller did it with some kind of hall sensor or opto sensors and a custom degree wheel.

Search for threads by Mueller with the text unilite.

Good advice, thanks. Did the search and came up with this very useful thread.

QUOTE(mike373 @ Jul 6 2007, 03:11 PM) *

WAnna sell your Mallory??

Mike

Don't have one to sell Mike, sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.