Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer window fuzzy strip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thinlie
Is there any techniques or tips you can share to install these outer window fuzzy strip. I just about destroyed one putting it in and at a cost of 50 bucks each, I don't wnat to do the same for the other.

Mark
Dr Evil
Are you taking the window and the retaining screws out before installing? There are 3 screws that hold the strip in, IIRC.
thinlie
The aluminum strip is out of the door already and the old fuzzy strip is completely deteriorated and has been taken out. Bought new fuzzies to install, but having a bitch of a time installing it in the aluminum strip. Basically ruined one good piece, don't want to ruin another. Got to be an easy way to install.

Mark
Dr Evil
Ive only done it once and it was not easy.
JPB
Like momma use to say,"its easy when its greazy beer.gif ."
highways
QUOTE(thinlie @ Jul 6 2007, 04:54 PM) *

The aluminum strip is out of the door already and the old fuzzy strip is completely deteriorated and has been taken out. Bought new fuzzies to install, but having a bitch of a time installing it in the aluminum strip. Basically ruined one good piece, don't want to ruin another. Got to be an easy way to install.

Mark

Dirty Keyword Game! Use any of the words from the above quote to create a new sentence. You can win a sheep. sheeplove.gif

keywords win extra points!! keyword examples:

"strip"
"fuzzy"
"old"
"deteriorated"
"bitch"
"one good piece"
"ruin"
"easy"
"taken out"
"got to"
"bought"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 6 2007, 03:47 PM) *

There are 3 screws that hold the strip in, IIRC.

agree.gif

take off the inside door panel. there are three holes in the top sheetmetal that allow you to use a screwdriver for the three screws ...

it's been a while since i did this, but i don't recall having any trouble or it being hard to do ...
confused24.gif Andy
JPB
QUOTE(highways @ Jul 6 2007, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(thinlie @ Jul 6 2007, 04:54 PM) *

Mark

Dirty Keyword Game! Use any of the words from the above quote to create a new sentence. You can win a sheep. sheeplove.gif

keywords win extra points!! keyword examples:

"strip"
"fuzzy"
"old"
"deteriorated"
"bitch"
"one good piece"
"ruin"
"easy"
"taken out"
"got to"
"bought"

While taking out my go to stick, the bitch stripped as my old deteriorated nipples got hard underneath the fuzz which ruined my night as I bought her. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.