Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I get at the bulbs in a 914 tail light assembly?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
magaoidh
I am in OZ and my '73 2 litre has euro tail lights.It looks like a Xmas tree at the rear due to US specs. I decided to remove the offending extra globe/bulb which would bring the lights to OZ specs but, it looks like a sealed unit.Steel nuts holding the complete unit to welded brackets on the car and 3 plastic knurled nuts to hold what???I dont want to start prising things apart because the Euro lenses are in excellent condition so, if any one can enlighten me how to get the %$#$@ assembly apart you would make me a very happy Skippy!!!
porschecb
The white plastic nuts hold the lense on.
SirAndy
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jul 6 2007, 04:57 PM) *

agree.gif

unscrew them plastic nuts and the lense will come off and give you access to the bulbs.

be CAREFUL when putting the plastic nuts back on. it's easy to overtighten them and crack the lense!
bye1.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 6 2007, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(porschecb @ Jul 6 2007, 04:57 PM) *

agree.gif

unscrew them plastic nuts and the lense will come off and give you access to the bulbs.

be CAREFUL when putting the plastic nuts back on. it's easy to overtighten them and crack the lense!
bye1.gif Andy

And you might crack the "lens", too. The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 6 2007, 05:28 PM) *

And you might crack the "lens", too. The Cap'n

my english is still better than your german ...
poke.gif Andy
mikelsr
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 6 2007, 08:05 PM) *

bye1.gif Andy

The question is does he have to turn them clockwise or counter-clockwise since he is in the land of OZ? biggrin.gif
JPB
Good question bro which definately needs an answer. When tightning, if he is facing the white knobs if would be clockwise. If he is facing the tail light assemly from the back of the car and have the knob furthest away, it would be counter clockwise. beer.gif
orthobiz
Gotta respect that Coriolis effect.

Paul
magaoidh
Actually I have to lay "down under" the car.heh heh.
Thanks fellers!
sww914
So is it a Targa Bottom car?
Allan
You guy's are merciless...
JPB
The air going into your intake is probably spining the wrong way. You need some Tornados to attain design performance! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.