914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
on a scale of 1 (best) to 10 (worst) compared to bilstein's at $150 each front

jim

sww914
They're better than nothing, but that's about it. 2-3
914-8
VaccaRabite
They get you on the road, and four of them cost the same as one of the "good" shocks.

Do it if you are strapped, get the good stuff later. If you have the green, get the good stuff now.

Zach
JPB
The money aspect is a bugger since every time I think I'm getting something on the cheap it costs me more down the road. Its about what your gonna do with the car in regards to performance. I thnk for what they are designed for, all the above NARP brands are better than what nonProsches are getting. happy11.gif
porschecb
I use the gr-2 series and like them. For as much as i drive my car and when i do it is sometimes spirited they do just fine. Ride is maybe harder than OEM but never had anything to compare them with except my OEM back in 1976 and that was a long time ago. They work and price is great for a CSOB. Anyway just my .02
rhodyguy
they are 100% better than worn out struts. do what you can afford.

k
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 7 2007, 09:02 PM) *

k

agree.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 7 2007, 09:02 PM) *

k

agree.gif They are stiff, but so is my suspension. It also was what I could afford.
gotxqss
Yeh i would agree.. i just got them from ebay. 225 shipped for front and back.. my thought was just see how they do and wait for the 911 front stuff deal to come around. Plus i have planned a motorswap and that needs the money at the moment.

most say they are very stiff.. i thought this could work since going to 200 springs.

I just recently visited santa cruz,ca and the roads there are far crazier then anything we have in vegas. Being we have all smooth open straight streets and not roads like you lucky others. Havin driven them while i was there i saw the opinions of others how a well engineered suspension(steins,koni,ect) will work alot better for those roads.. A more rigid engagement type like a lesser quality kyb just does not soak up those roads as well.

Either way for 225 shipped its not a bad gamble as some will be happy and others will just realise when they have more money to switch to the good stuff!!

type47
i put them on the fronts of the white car basically because i'm a CSOB but car doesn't/hasn't seen any extreme use that it has been noticible. i needed new struts and cheaped out but got on the road.
1bad914
They are on the rear of my car that I drive every day, stiff is not a harsh enough word, they are bone jarring. I litterally feel every line on the road, I have lowered my tire pressures way down just to make it livable, I will put up with them until this winter, then they will be replaced with Koni's. The price is great though!
Joe Ricard
They are gas charged and compressin valving in very aggressive in relation to the rebound dampening.
Yea probably an 11 on your scale.
jimkelly
thanks guys!

jim
TROJANMAN
I have no problems with mine in the rear. I will change them when I have $$$, but for now...........If it ain't broke......... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.