Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: racing clutch alternatives ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
so, i've been running a 4-puk racing clutch for a while now.

it seems to work fine, clamping wise, but the "shattering" (sp?) when taking off is really getting old.

i'm running a stock 901 pressure plate. someone in the know told me to go with a pressureplate that has more clamping force (kennedy stage 2 comes to mind) and step down on the actual clutch disk to maybe a 911 sport or similar.

anyone here gone down that route and has any experience to share?
idea.gif Andy
GeorgeRud
I also made the mistake of trying to run a 4 puck disc on the street - same thing with good grip but the chattering when first engaged is just too much.

I just went back to the stock disc with a "sport" pressure plate (I'm running a 915 gearbox/cllutch combo on a 2.7), and it's been fine. If you're having slipping issues with the stock clutch, check with Otto, John Patrick, or Brad Mayeur for the best current setup. Good Luck.
PRS914-6
Andy, I just pulled my Kennedy stage 2 system out. It has a grand total of 5 miles on it and only used to test my car before going to the painter. I built a 915 while it was gone and just put it in along with the 915 pressure plate and disk. I had originally planned on using the 901 for the first year but the painter took longer than expected.

I'll make you a good deal on the Kennedy 901 disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing. (I know you need one) It's all new and will be a direct bolt in for your car...PM if interested
Twystd1
Wow Paul...

Thats what I call taking care of a brother..... Shhhweeeet...

Clayton
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jul 7 2007, 04:37 PM) *

I'll make you a good deal on the Kennedy 901 disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing. (I know you need one) It's all new and will be a direct bolt in for your car...PM if interested

PM sent ... piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.