Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NNJ meet! Sunday July 15th 3pm...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RS22b
Ok so after figuring and a bunch of goin back and forth it has been decided.

Sunday
July 15th
3pm
Whiskey Cafe
Lyndhurst, NJ

Meet at Whiskey to talk and catch up for a bit. Then onto a drive! I have a few ideas of drives that we could do and will run it by ppl when they come down to the Cafe.

Vote on drive will take place and winning drive will then be taken. Can also decide on if we want to come back to Whiskey Cafe for food and drink afterwards or at another place.

Hope to see everyone come out!

_billy
i love porsche
sounds good...my 924 should be up and running by then
rmital
....thanks Billy....sounds good, see you there.
So.Cal.914
I'll be flying from Fla. to NJ on the 12th to see family in Rockaway area, anywhere

close? If so I would like to stop by and say "Hi". smile.gif
i love porsche
rockaway is about a half hour away, you should definetly come by
So.Cal.914
Cool, do my best.
RS22b
nice. hopefully it will be a good day to do so.

I have to do a few things to make sure my car will actually make it this week.

_billy
RS22b
bump...
RS22b
daily bump..

i thought we had alot of interest in this gathering???

post up if you are goin to be coming.
RS22b
so me have:
me
rmital
i_love_porsche
and possibly the guy from CA.

anyone else. seems like more ppl were interesetd in coming out than this.
type11969
I'll probably be at the VW show all day, but if not I'll try to meet up. Cell phone number so I can call if I am running late?
rmital
QUOTE(RS22b @ Jul 11 2007, 09:59 AM) *

anyone else. seems like more ppl were interesetd in coming out than this.

...looks like Sunday will be the better weather of the two days this weekend. Better to drive driving.gif

then jsharp.gif at my place if we end up going North.
i love porsche
i PMed you chris
RS22b
oh just read about that you sent chris a pm. I did the same with my number.

So looks like we will have about 4 - 5 ppl come out right now. Thats a good number. More the merrier of course.

_billy
Leo Imperial
Just thought I would throw a wrench into your plans and let you guys know PCA has an AX at Nassau Coliseum on Sunday.

I can't make it to either, so have fun.
wertygrog
boo I'm too far away. sad.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jul 11 2007, 09:02 PM) *

Just thought I would throw a wrench into your plans and let you guys know PCA has an AX at Nassau Coliseum on Sunday.

I can't make it to either, so have fun.

what's the scoop Leo, real world responsibilities taking all your time? throw an update up every now and again. jeesh beerchug.gif

Aside from that, I'd love to be there guys but on the wrong end of the state, and very busy w/the orange & black cars. Keep an eye out for some posts in the next few weeks as the projects get road worthy...

I havn't driven a 914 (aside from around the block here) in nearly a year! WTF!!!
RS22b
well next time you are down we can have another meet.

Sux to hear that you havent driven one in so long, but at least you are making progress with em both!

_billy
i love porsche
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 12 2007, 03:30 PM) *

I havn't driven a 914 (aside from around the block here) in nearly a year! WTF!!!

oh yeah! well ive NEVER driven a 914..beat that!
tod914
If Im up and running I'll join you all. If not, then definetly for the next one.
RS22b
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 14 2007, 01:35 AM) *

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 12 2007, 03:30 PM) *

oh yeah! well ive NEVER driven a 914..beat that!

man that totally sux
rmital
....doesn't look like to much interest this time around....plus bad thunder storm(s) predicted for this afternoon.

Post if still interested in meeting. I wanted the group to take a ride over to Paramus to meet Rory and his 914(s). I don't think he's posted much here in quite a while but he's a 914er from wayyy back.
RS22b
sorry Ray, just got your msg. my phone was upstairs. will call you shortly.

_billy
RS22b
Anyone else up for this today?

just trying to get a head count for who will actually show up.

thx.
_billy
i love porsche
i called ray back but he didnt pick up....so whats the deal-eo

there is a chance that Yarin's brother might be coming with me...but he didnt pick up his phone either
RS22b
sounds good. i just got a hold of Ray. Im goin to head down to the meet point at 3pm adn see who shows up.

_billy
RS22b
ok i know that i got there a lil late, but i dont think anyone showed up. If you did post up.

My car wouldnt start and i just drove down in my dd. sad.gif

_billy
jonferns
well, is anyone going to the All Air Cooled Gathering, in flanders, NJ...think its sept. 15th...i'll definetly be there with my dad -JON
jonferns
actually, I'll be there on the 16th (of sept)...that is the car show day and swap meet....saturday night is camping... www.allaircooledgathering.com
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 15 2007, 05:23 PM) *

well, is anyone going to the All Air Cooled Gathering, in flanders, NJ...think its sept. 15th...i'll definetly be there with my dad -JON

Good event. Did it last year and will try to go again this year. This year I plan on going for the camping and the show. Should start a dedicated thread when the date approaches.
jonferns
sweet...taking the teener?
Leo Imperial
Last year I towed it behind the bus. This year not sure yet.
jonferns
lets have a parade of teeners biggrin.gif
type11969
planing on camping too, should be a good time. Might actually truck down to MD Sat for the ECC and make it back for camping that night.
jonferns
sounds good...camping is a no for me, but will be there on sunday....parking for all the air cooled cars is on the lawn, right? Like a show?
i love porsche
i showed up today ..i was there from 3 to about 320....i didnt see anyone....so i figured i was the only one....so i left
RS22b
damn, sorry i must have just missed you.

I had some problems with the car. Damn thing wouldnt start. battery too low and not enough pwr there to get the ignition goin.

maybe another weekend soon?

i'll make sure the car is actually running and such the day before rather than the day of.

_billy
So.Cal.914
Hey:

Sorry I could not make it on sunday, really looked forward to it. Got to Rockaway

Township and Uncle Tom (wife's side) is doing really bad so I could have been an

insensitive prick and showed up but I did not want to wake up the next morning

with my dick superglued to my leg. Hope you all had a good time, maybe next

time, or I'll see you in Kali. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.