Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 in 24 Hours of LeMon Demolition Derby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
hencar
Hi Guys,

I have one of those nice Google alert setups for anything relating to Porsche 914s and I got the following link this morning:

24 Hours of Lemons: The Contenders
By Damon Lavrinc
We've met some interesting drivers and their battle-ready rides, including Team 500k's 500669 mile V-Dub, the Lemon Martini Porsche 914 (complete with flask catch can), a Maserati Bi-Turbo, numerous imports, domestics and even a Jeep ...
Autoblog - http://www.autoblog.com

There isn't much to see with respect to the 914 in action, but it saddened me to see such a decent car destroyed. I didn't see the car actually destroyed in the mayhem, but you know it was.

Henry

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(hencar @ Jul 8 2007, 05:36 AM) *

There isn't much to see with respect to the 914 in action, but it saddened me to see such a decent car destroyed. I didn't see the car actually destroyed in the mayhem, but you know it was.

gotta ask john from EASY about the car. it's got their stickers all over, so he may know the guys ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
addwestern
I thought about next time taking one of our white parts rollers and turning into the "Junkyard" version of the #40 BP car. It's a pretty toast roller as it is- and making a clone of that car that ran in the 24 hours of LeMans would be funny....
grantsfo
We autocrossed against this car at Marina minus the Pope. biggrin.gif It was suprizingly fast!
Chris Pincetich
OMG that is classic! Pinto out of control - don't hit it in the rear!!!
I remember that red BMW from Marina - the cross on the hood is made from beer bottle caps! It was pretty fast, I was surprised to hear it was only $500....but when do auto racers not try to cheat just a little?? beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.