Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up the roller today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
So, got up bright and early today to go pick up the new project.

Got to see the nations capitol, which is a bit more ghetto than I'd imagined flag.gif

car came with lots of parts. pieces of a new rubber seal kit, mirrors, foglights, headlights, 4 seats, full interior, parts, parts, parts...mostly new, or in good condition

The guy really didnt want to let it go, but it seemed as if the wife wore the pants biggrin.gif

PLENTY of sawzall-smiley.gif , welder.gif and slap.gif before its ready for driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
chowtime.gif !

cool_shades.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 8 2007, 08:07 PM) *

So, got up bright and early today (6am), and 4 1/2 hours later arrived at our destination (NJ --> VA, near washington d.c)

Got to see the nations capitol (which, by chance is even ghetto'er than where I live flag.gif )...

uploading the pics as we speak....

so many parts...so so so many free parts....new rubber seal kits, mirrors, foglights, H4 headlights, 4 seats, full interior, parts, parts, parts...mostly new, or new condition!

The guy really didnt want to let it go, but the wife wore the pants biggrin.gif

PLENTY of sawzall-smiley.gif , welder.gif and slap.gif before its ready to driving.gif

--JON pics to come

Jon,

We're still waiting........
jonferns
thumb3d.gif
So.Cal.914
Doesn't look bad at all, nice score.
jonferns
the PO used a high-build primer, than slightly coated it with black primer...the black is so you can see what areas you sanded and what areas you didnt... the pedrinnis are in good shape, just need to be cleaned up (which is at the bottom of the to-do list)...the chrome bumpers (being the '74 2.0 appearance group) were painted over...all doors/hoods/etc line up very well, and have good gaps...replacement fender included, as well as new rear trunk pan, and new jacking point (all to be welded in) pretty dent/ding free (less body work to do aktion035.gif), and never in an accident, according to the PO, which had the car stored for the last 14-15 years....more pics on the way

-JON
jonferns
more

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

VaccaRabite
Man, you guys are going to have a fleet of them.

DC can be a hole, but it can also be very nice. It just depends on where you are in it.

Zach
McMark
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 8 2007, 08:08 PM) *
more pics on the way, photobucket is stupid

You can always upload them here... confused24.gif

Looks like an awesome score. Are you gonna build it or part it?
type47
can you post the VIN? and the location/former owners name. i live outside DC and never heard about the car, just curious about the PO. the reason i asked fof the VIN is the first thought i had when i looked at one of the pix is that the car is a creamcicle.... it has Mahles (maybe not pedrinis) and the rear valance is the orange-red color of the LE.

edit: well, upon further review, it looks like the valance was painted the same color as the body. still, is it a parts car or can you restore it?
Johny Blackstain
Mmmmmm, parts chowtime.gif! Just kidding- save her biggrin.gif !

cool_shades.gif
jonferns
we will be restoring it, the hell hole isn't too bad
jonferns
PO was Stephen Pelszynski.
type47
can you give the PO's name and location?
jonferns
Got it from Arlington, VA
jonferns
waiting for pics smile.gif
jonferns
ok...heres the last good pic I have...at a mcdonalds biggrin.gif

IPB Image

-JON
dgw
I see you towed it backwards. Somebody did that to one of my 914's once, lost the roof on the freeway -- somewhere.
jonferns
everything was strapped down pretty well, and the top was strapped down inside the car. Windshield was a bit loose

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.