Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size bolt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I just pulled my motor last night and am trying to figure out what size bolt will fit through the engine case. I found a 17MM bolt / nut laying around but it didn't fit !!
type47
do you mean that you want to mount an engine stand yoke to the trans end of the case? if so, the bottom threaded holes in the case where there are supposed to be studs for mounting the trans are 10mm threads, i think the studs are 10 x 92mm. the top holes are just that, holes which any bolt, long enough, will work....

re: the studs at the bottom of the case.... you can use a spacer (old deep well socket for example). if you don't have the studs, i think the thread pitch is 10 x1.0 so you could get a bolt at the hardware store.
EdwardBlume
Thanks type 47!

I will go down to the HW store and buy a bolt.
toomanyinkc
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:27 AM) *
f you don't have the studs, i think the thread pitch is 10 x1.0 so you could get a bolt at the hardware store.

I'm pretty sure they're 10 x 1.5
type47
QUOTE(toomanyinkc @ Jul 9 2007, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:27 AM) *
f you don't have the studs, i think the thread pitch is 10 x1.0 so you could get a bolt at the hardware store.

I'm pretty sure they're 10 x 1.5

listen to this guy about the pitch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.