Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve adjust tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrofit
Anyone use a valve adjust tool like the one on Ebay item No.110145108624?
This has a slotted blade for the tappet adjust and a built-in socket to tighten the locking nut. Like what we used to see for VW's years ago.
Does this really make valve adjusting easier?
Is it worth $34, or can it be had for less?
retrofit
PeeGreen 914
I guess it would work, but I don't know how much better, if at all, it would be than just using a wrench and screwdriver dry.gif . It is only 30 bucks, but still, I wouldn't waste my money on it.
URY914
There is not enough room between the heads and the trailing arms on a 914 to use it. They work well on VWs because the engine hangs out the back. I have one similar to it when I had my Bug and could use it, but not on a 914.

Don't buy it.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:38 AM) *

There is not enough room between the heads and the trailing arms on a 914 to use it. They work well on VWs because the engine hangs out the back. I have one similar to it when I had my Bug and could use it, but not on a 914.

Don't buy it.

Kick Ass! I was looking at it as well & read this thread & that settles that. Thanks thumb3d.gif !

cool_shades.gif
Joe Ricard
Yup, best tool to use is the 90 degree screw driver. Looks like an Allen wrench with a flat blade on each end. and your favorite 13mm box end.

I will be so happy to get my chromoly push rods installed. NO MORE FEELER GAGE.
retrofit
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 9 2007, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:38 AM) *

Don't buy it.

Kick Ass! I was looking at it as well & read this thread & that settles that. Thanks thumb3d.gif !

cool_shades.gif

Thanks for the upfront replies. That's what I like about this group. clap56.gif
Rand
If you don't have a right-angled screwdriver, reach in your pocket and pull out a coin. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.