Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LINKAGE/GEARBOX HELP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
Hey, I just got my 72 914 back from getting its gearbox rebuilt(side shift coverted), traveled about 500 miles now everytime i go to use first gear it pops out! Still the gear box is very vague and still hard to tell where the gears are. . what is the problem ? i have just purchased new shifter bushings online and they should be here by the end of the week. Are they hard to install and do u need speacil tools to do so ??

cheers michael confused24.gif
Dr Evil
welcome.png

I hope it is just bushings, but I am leery of that. Check your engine and transmission mounts. What was done to your box? "rebuilt" means many things to many people and since a new 1st gear teeth set and slider runs about $750 US I would suspect any box rebuilt for near or less than this to not have been done right.

Check out my link in my sig (Tranny rebuild) for a list of potential causes should your box be ok.
mikeyboy_85
hey, i hope it was a full rebuilt, it cost over $5500au, i checked the firewall bushing at there appears to be nothing in there at all, i grabbed the shift rod and shook it around, there was about half an inch play from side to side.

lets hope its just bushings
Dr Evil
That is definitely a bushing problem. Easy fix biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.