Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just back from PCA Parade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Finally getting around to reviewing my pics from San Diego. Anyone post pics from Parade 2007? I couldn't find any. If there's interest I'll post more tomorrow.
This is the only 914 conversion car I saw - a V-8 with big rubber! Very nice body work.
Click to view attachment
carreraguy
Correction - this one is another conversion; as I recall it had a 3.2 or a 3.6.
VERY clean; owner just got it back from Patrick Motorsports.
Click to view attachment
DerekKim
Sweet action! Please post more pics of that V8 conversion if you have them! Very lovely custom work. Imo looks like they did a good job. Doesn't look 914 but very beautiful.
por73914
Great Pictures
RohJay
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 10 2007, 12:52 PM) *

This is the only 914 conversion car I saw - a V-8 with big rubber! Very nice body work.

looks nice, but to me it is NO LONGER a 914.
Wonder what parts, if any, are left over from the original car...
jonferns
looks nice, but to me it is NO LONGER a 914.
Wonder what parts, if any, are left over from the original car...

agree.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 10 2007, 12:26 AM) *

Correction - this one is another conversion; as I recall it had a 3.2 or a 3.6.
VERY clean; owner just got it back from Patrick Motorsports.
Click to view attachment

Hi Tom! Is the roof permanently attached on the 3.2 conversion? I see it shine so it has been de-pebbled but it almost looks like a steel roof in the pic...
IanStott
That is one beautiful car, any interior pics? The black one I mean, the other is very nice also but the black one still looks like a 914.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
john rogers
Here you go. Most any of these projects will make you drool!
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/...?action=gallery
dlo914
is this the same 3.6 914? I saw this one a while back at a Crystal Cove Meet in Irvine. IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
eeyore
As for the V-8 conversion, the owner tries to use as many stock panels possible, "I'm no good at making stuff, only modifiying it."

The decklids are stock. The engine lid is original, but heavily reworked, as are the doors. I believe fenders contain some original metal as well.

The windshield and frame are original. Notice that the cowl has been removed. The base of the windshield was moved forward into that space and the whole thing raked back.

It looks as if the original triangle window and window track are still in the door, just cut down. Same goes for the targa sail panel.

The original tail lights are there too.
Barbara LaFargue-Buller
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 10 2007, 12:22 AM) *

Finally getting around to reviewing my pics from San Diego. Anyone post pics from Parade 2007? I couldn't find any. If there's interest I'll post more tomorrow.
Click to view attachment

Hi, I didn't get to go as my son got married, did you have a good time? Was it as good as I thought it would be? Please reply my heart was in San Diego.
driving-girl.gif sad.gif sad.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(Barbara LaFargue-Buller @ Jul 12 2007, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 10 2007, 12:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Hi, I didn't get to go as my son got married, did you have a good time? Was it as good as I thought it would be? Please reply my heart was in San Diego.
driving-girl.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I had a good time - I would have had more fun at the Parade events if the Boss was more into it though. I used to be in the Navy so the return to San Diego was definitely fun! The farewell dinner on the USS Midway was great! San Diego is a lot more crowded than I remember but there were MANY things to do, especially over the July 4th week. The San Diego organizers did a great job but the Town & County Hotel (at $120/night) was a little on the seedy side (IMHO). But I have to say, its hard to come up with a large hotel in San Diego that is affordable. I'm seriously considering going to Charlotte next year but maybe as a solo act. Here's the link to a ton of pics on the Parade site:
http://www.pcasdr.org/parade/
carreraguy
Okay - here's some more pics.
Another shot of the conversion car
Click to view attachment
914s in the paddock - only had around 5 or 6 there
Click to view attachment
Nice looking racer
Click to view attachment
carreraguy
More pics - interesting contours on the Ruf RT12 - NICE car!
Click to view attachment
San Diego skyline from Coronado
Click to view attachment
Maybe we could've stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado - love that hotel!
Click to view attachment

Mikey914
Is the modified car a one off or are the panels available somewhere?
carreraguy
USS Midway farewell dinner - really brought back some memories.
Click to view attachment

carreraguy
Finally - a pic of the Porsche crest on the Midway next to the E-2C Hawkeye - the "Eyes of the Fleet". Hard to believe I flew in those over 20 years ago and they're still flying today (more modern versions of course).
Click to view attachment
carreraguy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:58 PM) *

Is the modified car a one off or are the panels available somewhere?

AFAIK its a one of - great fab job!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.