Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT. Chopper I am building
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
por73914
Thought I would share my "other" hobby. I am building a budget chopper av-943.gif I have been working off and on for a couple of years, once I made it to the mock up stage I have not wanted to take it back apart for paint. Looks to cool on the lift!
tdgray
Very cool man... very cool.
por73914
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jul 10 2007, 08:43 AM) *

Thanks man beerchug.gif I really would like to get it finished
jonferns
thats insane....looks good too thumb3d.gif -JON
machina
QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 08:50 AM) *

that is awsome,

how much is fabricated vs pre-made components?
por73914
QUOTE(machina @ Jul 10 2007, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 08:50 AM) *

that is awsome,

how much is fabricated vs pre-made components?

90% is pre-made, I don't have the skills smash.gif to make it all myself. But it has been a great learning experince.
nomore9one4
All you have to do is look at it. That should be motivation enough! poke.gif confused24.gif because that is going to be one kick butt bike. smile.gif
por73914
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jul 10 2007, 09:43 AM) *

All you have to do is look at it. That should be motivation enough! poke.gif confused24.gif because that is going to be one kick butt bike. smile.gif

beerchug.gif Thanks, The look of the bike really drew me to it. It does not look like all the rest of the choppers with the only thing that puts them apart from one and another is the fancy paint. I am thinking flat black...
machina
QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 09:49 AM) *

beerchug.gif Thanks, The look of the bike really drew me to it. It does not look like all the rest of the choppers with the only thing that puts them apart from one and another is the fancy paint. I am thinking flat black...

how about a flat clearcoat only, i like the way it looks right now. aktion035.gif
por73914
QUOTE(machina @ Jul 10 2007, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 09:49 AM) *

how about a flat clearcoat only, i like the way it looks right now. aktion035.gif

Funny you should suggest that, I was thinking about scuffing the metal with a steel wool pad and then clear coat it. I really like the way it looks now also. I am ready to fire it up and hear those pipes...I think I will have to coast out of the neighborhood when I go to work at six AM. cool.gif
BKLA
Nice - a buell mutant right?

I really like their buell blast single mutant chassis for something really different!
Click to view attachment

Or thier new mono shock VERY COOL!

NICE BIKE!
por73914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jul 10 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Nice - a buell mutant right?

I really like their buell blast single mutant chassis for something really different!
Click to view attachment

Or thier new mono shock VERY COOL!

NICE BIKE!

Brett you are correct, It is a Mutant Buell beerchug.gif I think the Blast would be a great starter bike for my son, It is way cooler than a rebel.
jasons
I like the bare look too. I think Jimmy Shine just periodically goes over this '34 pickup with steel wool and WD-40.

IPB Image
toon1
It looks like it will never be done! Pack it up and ship it to me biggrin.gif

Coool project thumb3d.gif
jaminM3
It sounds like you like the Russell Mitchell Industrial look. I think the brushed metal and black would look nice..
por73914
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 10 2007, 12:24 PM) *

I like the bare look too. I think Jimmy Shine just periodically goes over this '34 pickup with steel wool and WD-40.

IPB Image

agree.gif I think I will give that a try-I really just want to ride it at this point. That is a great looking truck
por73914
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:30 PM) *

It sounds like you like the Russell Mitchell Industrial look. I think the brushed metal and black wood look nice..

I love Exile bikes , wish I could afford to buy a wide triple tree and put a 150 tire up front. beerchug.gif
por73914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:29 PM) *

It looks like it will never be done! Pack it up and ship it to me biggrin.gif

Coool project thumb3d.gif

Thanks man, Sometimes I feel like I would like to ship it somewhere. headbang.gif
jaminM3
Your triple trees look pretty wide in the pictures. I think your bike will look better than an Exile bike because it has a sportier feel. thumb3d.gif
por73914
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 10 2007, 04:19 PM) *

Your triple trees look pretty wide in the pictures. I think your bike will look better than an Exile bike because it has a sportier feel. thumb3d.gif

Thanks man, The way I have to sit on that thing my back is going to have a less sporty feel. But I am just going to use it for bike nights and cruising around town. beer3.gif
roadster fan
Nice looking bike. If you really want to leave it bare, this stuff looks like it might work Gibbs Brand

Jim
por73914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 11 2007, 03:45 AM) *

Nice looking bike. If you really want to leave it bare, this stuff looks like it might work Gibbs Brand

Jim

Jim,

That stuff look like it is amazing, every garage should have a can! I am ording some and will let everybody know how well it works. Thanks for the tip. beerchug.gif
boxstr
Paint is highly overrated. I love it when people come up to me and the 29 sedan and ask"when are you going to paint" fuck it is painted.
Should have left the 914-6 in this color also.
If you ever want to ditch that two wheeled death machine, we have a place here at CAMP 914 for it.
CCLIN914NATION
por73914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 11 2007, 12:07 PM) *

If you ever want to ditch that two wheeled death machine, we have a place here at CAMP 914 for it.
CCLIN914NATION

I would be all over a 914-V8 or 6 trade! But it is official NO PAINT smilie_pokal.gif
jaminM3
I say paint the frame black and leave everything else brushed..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.