Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '70-71 Passenger Seat and Back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RohJay
Can i please see some photos of '70-71 Passenger Seat/Back?
I need to have a Passenger Seat/Back fabricated for my '70.
It has to be fabricated as mine is RHD converted dry.gif
por73914
QUOTE(RohJay @ Jul 10 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Can i please see some photos of '70-71 Passenger Seat/Back?
I need to have a Passenger Seat/Back fabricated for my '70.
It has to be fabricated as mine is RHD converted dry.gif

I would like to see pictures of you RHD conversion! clap56.gif
RohJay
I will post some detailed pics soon enough.
but till then please look in my intro post below for some pics. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=71454&hl=

por73914
Great Link love the cars! Thanks
RohJay
icon_bump.gif

Anyone?
If you already have a pic up on the World, please give link.
TIA
markb
I can take some pics tomorrow if you still need them.
RohJay
YES! please. Thanks Mark!

EDIT: markb came through with the required photos and advice. Mega thanks Mark beerchug.gif
davep
Unless you want to be a CW, and stay with the original early style, then I suggest finding a 1972 or later set. The early style has the passenger seat as part of the wall covering. From 1972 they had individual adjustable bucket seats. This meant the wall covering was basically symmetrical. The seats were as well (essentially). This would require new seat mounting hardware to be added. Did they already swap the seat mounts?
RohJay
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 11 2007, 10:48 PM) *

Unless you want to be a CW, and stay with the original early style, then I suggest finding a 1972 or later set. The early style has the passenger seat as part of the wall covering. From 1972 they had individual adjustable bucket seats. This meant the wall covering was basically symmetrical. The seats were as well (essentially). This would require new seat mounting hardware to be added. Did they already swap the seat mounts?

I really do like the early single adjustable seat setup. Gives an old "vintage-racer" feel to the car driving.gif

Currently the driver's seat (RIGHT side) is fine: i believe they have merely transferred the seat from the Left side. The current passenger seat (LEFT side) appears to be put together with the original Rightside seat bottom and upright insert .

The late Backpad i have sourced needs to be re-upholstered anyway. So it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate an early backpad, MIRRORED. Will have to amalgamate the center and left side sections, incorporate a head restraint and re-cover.. within my upholsterer's skillset , at least i hope dry.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.