Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk Pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Do you guys know if anyone makes an aftermarket front trunk pan? Has someone replaced one. Thanks Mike
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xperu @ Jul 10 2007, 08:53 AM) *

Do you guys know if anyone makes an aftermarket front trunk pan? Has someone replaced one. Thanks Mike

would be a nice new item to produce. Anyone out there ready to step up to the plate? Many 914 suppliers have the new front trunk pans in stock but they are expensive! (1500.00 bucks or so!!!!!)
TROJANMAN
Is this for an A/C cut out?
Try these guys
http://www.restoration-design.com/index.html

$175
xperu
No AC just rust, RD only makes the rear trunk pan, seems odd because I know several guys have rust problems or as you stated AC hole. I suppose I'll have to find someone who is cutting one up; I don't have the skill, tools and talent a lot of guys have on this site to make a good and presentable repair. Mike
jonferns
just get one out of a parts car...in good shape...
jonferns
just get one out of a parts car...in good shape...
TROJANMAN
I could've sworn they had a front piece at some point too.
Try giving them a call.
por73914
Their website shows a front pan-Part 16 175.00
xperu
QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks, but I am looking for a front trunk pan. Mike
por73914
QUOTE(xperu @ Jul 10 2007, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(por73914 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks, but I am looking for a front trunk pan. Mike

I see now, I was thinking that was the front- chair.gif
xperu
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 10 2007, 12:14 PM) *

I could've sworn they had a front piece at some point too.
Try giving them a call.

I called them a couple of days ago, but they did not make that peice. "Great guys by the way"
nomore9one4
Try sending member "fitsbain" a PM. He may have a good used one. Do not email him, for some reason the link never gets it there dry.gif I have one aswell, but I may be using it. driving.gif
VaccaRabite
I did exactly what you are asking. Here is my experience with pictures.

1) My original front trunk. Cut for A/C. Crumpled. Rusted out at the suspension points. CRAP!
IPB Image

2)The replacement part, cut from another car. Post up a wanted add, or bug someone with a parts car and you will find one right quick.
IPB Image

3)Drilling out all the old spot welds, and making my initial cut to remove the bulk of the original front trunk. In this pic, there is more cutting to the fuel tank wall left to do yet.
IPB Image

4)I still have to drill out the spot welds on the front, but the old metal is almost all out.
IPB Image

5)Lots of welding later.... All I need to do is add seam sealer. FIN!
IPB Image

This project represented my first go with sheet metal welding. From start to finish, it was probably 40 hours of work, with me learning what the hell I was doing as I did it.

Zach
watsonrx13
I also got a front trunk floor from a donor car and welded it in place...

Here's a link to my website showing the steps I followed. I hope this helps....

-- Rob
xperu
Thanks everyone, I will use your suggestons and ptotos to guide me on the pan replacement; I will also persue getting another pan from a donor. Thanks a lot. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.