Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still looking 4 a layout diagram for heat4 a 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Never had one with heat.....

Here's an underneath pic.

Where does the blower go....is there a splitter for the blower? C'mon throw me a bone here.....
Aaron Cox
i dont think /6's had an electrical blower.... there defrost switch doesnt have the electrical contacts either huh.gif
Gint
No blower on a /6.
Joe Bob
OK....so it comes off the fan shroud? Is there some million dollar adapter? Screw it....I will get a 12v marine bilge blower, a splitter and plumb the thing like a "murican would.....where's ma RTV?
Gint
I never had the flapper boxes on mine, but I've heard that the /6 fan will move some serious air. Why not just do it stock and see how it works before you rig in an electric blower?
Joe Bob
Yeah....well who has a diagram????
Aaron Cox
fan blows air toward heat exchangers
Joe Bob
Got a part number for the pieces that attach to the shroud?
bwilless
I have the flapper boxes if your interested.
campbellcj
Hey Z...Logan likes your avatar.

He's more of a boob guy, but appreciates a good butt too.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(bwilless @ Dec 14 2003, 08:03 PM)
I have the flapper boxes if your interested.

Sure....they in good shape? How much? Send me an email at 356@cox.net
Brad Roberts
Zois. You are a pain in the ass.

The two exchanger openings closest to the firewall get the flapper boxes.

The two openings farther back receive the air from the cooling fan.

B
Joe Bob
Once I saw acox914's post I figured it out dickhead finger.gif ....but thanks anyways....Merry Christmas.....
Brad Roberts
Merry F-ing Christmas (hug the kids for me)...LOL

B
si2t3m
Might have to get 'creative' with the flapper box cables or order some for a /6.

Marc-André
Red-Beard
The heat from the 6 is Much nicer than the heat from a 4.

Remember, if you don't run the heat, block off the holes from the fan, or you lose most of your engine cooling air.

James
fuch toy
Yeah....the cowl did not have the heater outlets. I was able to source them locally. Need flappers and hoses....the cables appear to be new.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Zois @ Dec 15 2003, 07:37 AM)
Need flappers and hoses...

the hot (sorry...) setup on hoses is the orange silicone 'aircraft' hose. it's pricey but you'll only have to buy it once every 20 yrs or so, and nothing else really takes the heat. Pegasus Racing carries it, others i'm sure. i'd expect a markup at any of the Porsche places for their knowledge of exactly how much to cut off the bulk roll they bought from Pegasus or Aircraft Spruce ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.