Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memory is first to go, help and old guy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
In the last week or two I saw a picture of a 914 GT racer all decked out with sponsor signs. It was an old pic, probably early 70's. Not sure if it was on this board, Pelican or a link someone posted. The car had the word Rodania on the lower body, about where side stripes go. Can anyone remember the pic and point me to it? I should have saved it but didn't.
URY914
It may have been in the post that asked about who the drivers were. I'll look for it.

Paul
URY914
Try this one.
"914 History Experts" on page five.

Paul
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Paul, but not the pic I remember seeing. Need to see the word Rodania on the car.
DuckRyder
What color is it?

Might help.
boxstr
Vegasracer posted the pic, it was green. Looked like a 914-6 from a vintage race.
CCLINMEMEROYVILLE
VegasRacer
I checked my files. I can not find, nor do I remember ever seeing a photo, vintage or not, of a race trimmed 914 that said "Rodania" on it. Please post the picture here if you find it. I don't think it was ever on this BBS.
Porsche Rescue
See, it is an age problem. Found it! Wasn't on the web afterall.
Pic is from a 1998 issue of PCA Panorama on 914/6 GT's. Had it in a file all the time. Sorry to bother you guys. Thanks for your help.
Pic shows a white GT wearing #121. Caption says car is owned by Roy Walzer of Litchfield, CT.
DuckRyder
OK, after all that, you have to scan and post it.
Porsche Rescue
Just so you'll know I didn't make the whole thing up, here is the pic. Don't have a scanner so excuse pic of a pic.

Not that you all will care, but it is kind of a bizarre story. I have an old (1956) watch that my grandmother gave me as an elementary school graduation gift. The make is "Rodania" and it is Swiss made. Never heard of the name, before or since, until I saw it as a sponsor of #121. Made me get the watch out of the drawer. Gonna try to get it cleaned and working again. All the other kids had Bulovas and Elgins (no Seiko in 1956) but I had this odd ball Rodania. Now I think it's cool. Sponsored race cars!
VegasRacer
Jim - We have a watch repair guy in the 914World.com
Hook up with ChrisReale. I bet he can get if running for you.
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Dec 14 2003, 06:55 PM)

Ah, good old Black Forest. That's who built my 914-6. I worked there for almost a year. It's a good place. I am real good friends with John Forbes son.

- Brett Smith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.