Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Guys, There was a 1/2" round rust bubble under the paint, so I chipped of the top of the bubble with a sharp chisel, and to my surprise there was not a lot of metal damage; no holes in the metal etc. I could however lift the paint from the area with the chisel and even my fingernail. The existing paint is the first re-spray, and keeping in mind I am on a budget; what method do I use to get the old paint off and down to the original paint. Mike
Lou W
Are you looking to just take the paint off in that effected area? Or the whole car?
xperu
Thanks Lou for the responce; the re-spray paint seperated from the underlaying original paint in this area (6" square) to the point I could easily pull pieces up with my fingernail. It could be just a bad spot. I really don't want to remove all the paint, but I may have too. Most of the paint seems good on the car. Maybe I have to sand the car down to the original coat? If so what tools do I need. What do you think. Mike
toon1
i have been suing a grinder wheel attachment that looks like a real coarse scotchbrite.

don't know the name of it but it works great and removes the paint fast.

you can get it at OSH for $5.00 a wheel, one wheel will get about one whole fender
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.