Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vent windows that open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Has anybody here ever made your vent windows open?

Perhaps used parts from something else?

markb
I think you would need a frame around the vent window, so that it can mount & pivot.
machina
if you don't mind plastic windows....
jjs3rd914
I used to have a 1973 911T coupe. The car did not have air or a sunroof so we got the door frames from a 1968 or earlier coupe that still had the vent windows that opened. We had them anodized black like the rest of the car trim. They looked great and were very functional. The amount of air that you could get into the car was nice on a warm day. They really helped with ventilation.

I too have thought about something similiar for the 914, but unlike the 911 there was never any factory parts to do so. The idea of using a plastic (lexan) window with a a smaller insert functioning as a vent has merit if it could be made to look somewhat stock.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
jjs3rd914
5string6string
Really seems like something someone around here could develop. Iv'e always wanted operable vent windows too. If we had enough takers, it would be worth working out the details for a production run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.