Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT gauges on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
Ebay gauge

I have no relation to seller but I just purchased one of these. The vendor has 4 left. They are westach gauges and include a thermocouple. He is selling them for a buy it now of $30. These retail for $57.

computers4kids
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jul 11 2007, 03:55 PM) *

Ebay gauge

I have no relation to seller but I just purchased one of these. The vendor has 4 left. They are westach gauges and include a thermocouple. He is selling them for a buy it now of $30. These retail for $57.

Good price, but becareful...the high range is "375"...even at 350 you will be running with the needle almost all the way to the right.
JohnM
25-375 Celsius so 350F = 176C on this gauge.
eric914
Probably should have pointed out that these were metric scale. The only concern I have is will the sensor reach from the engine to the dash. I have heard you can not lengthen thrmocouple leads.
blitZ
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jul 12 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Probably should have pointed out that these were metric scale. The only concern I have is will the sensor reach from the engine to the dash. I have heard you can not lengthen thrmocouple leads.

According to the installation instruction I received with my Westach CHT, you can add 20 gauge wire to lengthen the sensor. That's what I did and it works fine. Just don't cut the sensor wire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.