Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 engine parts finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
freezing14
more finish questions, this time engine related ,I know the tins have to be semi gloss black and they are already powder coated

now to the magnesium parts, what is the original finish of the top cover and bottom cover, I have seen both black and natural metal uncoated look finish, what the original one
and if it is the natural one how do you reserve the look ( previously blasted one got dark grey in 2 weeks)

the other parts is the fan housing and fan,, black / natural and if natural how to preserve

thanks guy I do not know how I would do that without you(s)

freezing14
mikey
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Jul 11 2007, 05:13 PM) *

more finish questions, this time engine related ,I know the tins have to be semi gloss black and they are already powder coated

now to the magnesium parts, what is the original finish of the top cover and bottom cover, I have seen both black and natural metal uncoated look finish, what the original one
and if it is the natural one how do you reserve the look ( previously blasted one got dark grey in 2 weeks)

the other parts is the fan housing and fan,, black / natural and if natural how to preserve

thanks guy I do not know how I would do that without you(s)

freezing14

My original six has semi gloss painted black top and bottom covers with the Porsche lettering painted white. Kind of garish, IMHO. I kept them in case I ever want to go back to original, but I have a set of turbo top and bottom covers on the car now. The waffles were machined down to clear the suspension console when they need to be removed for a valve adjustment.

By the way, I was told not to sand/bead blast the interior side of these pieces. The blast media get caught in the magnesium and eventually release into the engine oil. Not good for the bearings and other things - in other words engine failure could result.

freezing14
thats 1 part of the puzzled done,, the cover were soda blasted very mild and water soluble , so after thye were blasted , they were pressure washed , cover done unless there is an other version, any isea on how to conserve the ''natural'' finish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.