Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reattaching visor mirror flap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
Just wondering if anyone has found a good way to reattach the mirror flap on the passenger sun visor. Mine is hanging on by a "thread" and I'd like to get it reattached without making too much of a mess. Have some ideas on adhesives, but wondering what works best.

Thanks!
Goge
My daughter ripped mine off last year. She didn't know how close she was to not seeing her 7th birthday!

I've since picked up a good one from a junkyard, so I haven't tried to repair. But I think for adhesives, a cyanoacrylate (super glue) would be a good choice for the vinyl. You have to watch for 'blush' though, which is a white dust or haze that the vapors cause, it would look horrible on black. If you go to a hobby shop they will have several different viscosities you can choose from. The thinnest is the 'hottest' version which cures very fast and also blushes the most. Thicker versions cure slower and don't blush as much. There is also an accelerator that you can spritz on there to cure any of them immediately. Test on vinyl scraps first!

The bummer is that this thing breaks right at the hinge, which leaves you nothing to glue together really. You'll probably have to add a strip of matching vinyl somehow, and overlap the bad section.

-TH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.