Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Boosters-
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
I keep finding stuff my Pop bought years ago. Have the Rapid Cool kit & the Welmeister kit. Both old- note rust inside package of Weltmeister & the other says "Electrodyne" (blast from the past! biggrin.gif ) Do these work? Are they worth it? Which one is better? Forget & try & unload on eBay laugh.gif ?

cool_shades.gif
SGB
yes, it works, but only to the extent that it provides full flow of oil (no bypass) to the cam and lifters. It helped my hydro lifters stay pumped up, or pump up faster. The bypass is there for a reason, though. It reduces pressure on the cooler and seals when oil is thick, and probably some other things.
Johny Blackstain
Which is better? Since the car is being converted to a GQ, sorry but I have no choice dry.gif , will the oil ever get thick again? The only time she ever goes out is when it's nice out, period biggrin.gif . I'm not very well suited to this CW thing laugh.gif

cool_shades.gif
914Sixer
Weltmeister is the correct one. The other is for a Bug motor.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 14 2007, 12:12 AM) *

Weltmeister is the correct one. The other is for a Bug motor.

Actually the rapid cool kit is #10300 for the 356 & 912. Are those the older 912 engines they're refering to? Thanks.

cool_shades.gif
SGB
yes, those are 1600 blocks. I fail to see a reason to install it. I like it as a period "accoutrement"- put it in the glove box, though.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 14 2007, 12:50 AM) *

yes, those are 1600 blocks. I fail to see a reason to install it. I like it as a period "accoutrement"- put it in the glove box, though.

biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.