Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do I need
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Ok, I'm at the point where I want to get the car started again. I was just going to call Pelican or maybe give AA another try, just say what I'm doing and have them give me a list of whats needed, but that scares me.

I have a stock six and I believe a Bosch distributer, but I'm not sure.

Here's what I'm thinking...
Plugs (but what kind?)
dist. cap (again what kind?)
rotor
valve cover nuts
10qts oil (again not sure what's best)
Valve feeler gauge
carb adjust gauge

Am I missing something? Suggestions? Ideas on what dizzy I might have?
Johny Blackstain
Fuel filters, air filters, oil filters, plug wires, fresh fuel, good strong battery, pics would help & I'm new to the six world as well. Hell of a learning experience. Keep asking questions & good luck thumb3d.gif .

cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 12 2007, 12:30 PM) *

Ok, I'm at the point where I want to get the car started again. I was just going to call Pelican or maybe give AA another try, just say what I'm doing and have them give me a list of whats needed, but that scares me.

I have a stock six and I believe a Bosch distributer, but I'm not sure.

Here's what I'm thinking...
Plugs (but what kind?) w4 dpo
dist. cap (again what kind?) bosch (hopefully) or marelli
rotor bosch or marelli (most 70 cars were fitted originally with marelli)
points bosch or marelli
valve cover gaskets (reusable kind?) not reusable but the set with beaded gasket are the best
valve cover nuts these are included in the valve gasket kit
10qts oil (again not sure what's best)
Valve feeler gauge .004 with the holder
carb adjust gauge sk type made in germany

would also suggest an air filter a fuel filter and an alternator belt

Am I missing something? Suggestions? Ideas on what dizzy I might have?

djm914-6
How do I tell what dizzy is what?

The alt belt and plug wires aren't that old... maybe 2 years and less than 1000 miles. Do I really need these? Air filters are K&N, so I will need a cleaning kit. I'm operating on a very tight budget so I'm looking to get away with as little as possible.

Now, if y'all wanted to buy a new tee shirt from me, that would mean I could spend more. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
If the distributor cap is really tall, it's probably a Marelli. If it is held on by screws and not clips, it's definitely not Bosch. If you take the cap off and you see a whole bunch of very odd things (the centrifugal weights, instead of just a rotor), it's a Marelli.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.