Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please update your VIN info ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
time for another update call ...

please update your VIN/car info!

go here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

you can add as many VINs as you like.
please also add the Chassis Number, Paint Code, Date Code and onther info, if possible.

also, if you ever cut up a car, had one sent to the crusher or wrecked one, please add them as well and mark them as "dead".

and lastly, if you ever came across a car at the wrecking yard or in a field and you wrote down the VIN, please post that info here so i can add them to the list as well (without a owner) ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Johny Blackstain
Is this how you put a dead teener on the gone & burried list? In other words, I find one rotting, I write down the vin, enter her as mine & check the box that she's gone? (found one in Richmond)

cool_shades.gif
davep
Yes, but get as much info as you can. I really need to get the body number and paint code from the Karmann badge (or rear trunk floor), the date code from the decal if it still exists and any other data you can get. It all helps me to help you!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 12 2007, 01:13 PM) *

Is this how you put a dead teener on the gone & burried list? In other words, I find one rotting, I write down the vin, enter her as mine & check the box that she's gone? (found one in Richmond)

either that, or if you don't want to show up as the "owner" of your find, simply post that VIN and other info here and i'll add it to the list without any owner assigned to it ...

bye1.gif Andy
jaminM3
Done thumb3d.gif

I updated Chassis number and paint code..
Johny Blackstain
Mine are up to date & here is a very sad, dead 71 VIN sad.gif . So much rust everywhere I don't want to show the rest of the pics. Karmann badge came out fuzzy but the color had to be L96D.

cool_shades.gif
burton73
Just to get this right. I am the owner of 9140430041. 914-sixer is on the list as the owner and should be removed. He does not respond and he does not post as well. Only the administrators can do this. The PO has said on his line that he sold the car to me.

Bob Burton, Los Angeles
WTF.gif
markb
Andy, quite a while back I sent you a whole bunch of info on some dead ones. I never found out if you got them. I think I still have the paper if they didn't get added.
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 12 2007, 08:09 PM) *

Andy, quite a while back I sent you a whole bunch of info on some dead ones. I never found out if you got them. I think I still have the paper if they didn't get added.

i'm pretty sure i added them to the list. if you still have the paper, send it to me and i double-check ...
bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:19 PM) *

Just to get this right. I am the owner of 9140430041. 914-sixer is on the list as the owner and should be removed. He does not respond and he does not post as well. Only the administrators can do this. The PO has said on his line that he sold the car to me.

one of these days, we'll have a feature where we can flag cars as "previously owned".

but for now, you'll have to live with the "duplicate" entries if a previous owner does not respond to your request to update his info ...
bye1.gif Andy
burton73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 12 2007, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:19 PM) *

one of these days, we'll have a feature where we can flag cars as "previously owned".

but for now, you'll have to live with the "duplicate" entries if a previous owner does not respond to your request to update his info ...
bye1.gif Andy

The PO did. He put down that he sold the car to me. He had the car for the last 25 years and it has always been in so. Cal area. You just need to remove the name. With the power of your button you make the 3rd. Guy go away As you can not get the 3rd guy by email to say if he marked the number wrong or thought it was a 914-4. He never posts to speak of. The PO can stay as that traces the car history. I have a line of paper tails and Texas is not on it.

Just so you we (our club) it strait, the PO has posted that he has owned for 25 years and sold it to me.

In a club there should be some simple bylaws in such a way that I do not start to say I own some someone card

Bob
slim72914
I posted my vin as mine. What are all the locations of vins color codes etc?
SirAndy
QUOTE(slim72914 @ Jul 12 2007, 10:39 PM) *

I posted my vin as mine. What are all the locations of vins color codes etc?

on the page where you add/edit your VIN, there's "help" links that show you all the locations where to find that info ...

bye1.gif Andy
slim72914
vin 4722903936 body code 4429582 Paint code L041 info updated. No Date code sticker found.
por73914
Just updated! I just found out my Signal Orange 914 is suppose to be Pheonix Red! clap56.gif
Richard Casto
Andy,

Just as an FYI, your color drop down does not list my color code. It is "L63E". This was apparently a mid model year (1972) color code change. There is evidence (Porsche color charts from that time period) that this was supposed to be a "Willow Green" color code. However, my car matches samples of "Irish Green" and my COA from Porsche lists the color as "Irish Green".

So the code seems to be rare (I currently know of no others), but the color is not.

Richard
Phoenix914
My neighbor just showed me a picture of a black 914 that he spotted sitting at the back of his uncle's salvage yard in in Elkton, MD. His uncle told him it was parked there by the owner, I guess a friend of his, and has not moved for several years. My neighbor said it has maroon interior (?). I'll try to check it out sometime soon to see what condition it's in and take pics of the vin and other tags on the body. Maybe it's for sale...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jul 13 2007, 06:56 AM) *

Andy,

Just as an FYI, your color drop down does not list my color code. It is "L63E". This was apparently a mid model year (1972) color code change. There is evidence (Porsche color charts from that time period) that this was supposed to be a "Willow Green" color code. However, my car matches samples of "Irish Green" and my COA from Porsche lists the color as "Irish Green".

So the code seems to be rare (I currently know of no others), but the color is not.

Richard,
if you look at the 914 color info page http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=colors you'll see that i have "L63E" listed under "Incomplete/Unconfirmed/Unknown - Color Codes".

have you talked to davep about your car color?
idea.gif Andy
davep
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 13 2007, 09:10 AM) *

you'll see that i have "L63E" listed under "Incomplete/Unconfirmed/Unknown - Color Codes".

have you talked to davep about your car color?

Yes, I'm well aware of the car and the code.
I believe it is a legitimate code and the color should be described as Irish Green.

Anyone with info on a car can also email or PM me with the info as well as posting in this thread.
Please include the VIN in the posting so that I can look it up easily.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 13 2007, 09:25 AM) *

Yes, I'm well aware of the car and the code.
I believe it is a legitimate code and the color should be described as Irish Green.

do we know the date-range?
idea.gif Andy
jonferns
any known owners of the police 914's?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.