Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Ultimate Supercar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaminM3
In the latest Road & Track they have an article on the Caparo T1. This car was developed by Gordon Murray and two other former McLaren F1 engineers that worked on the McLaren F1 and Mercedes SLR McLaren. This car promises 1000 hp per ton approximately twice the power-to-weight ratio of the Bugatti Veyron. The motor is a 3.5L Indy-derived all-alloy V-8 rated at 575 bhp. The chassis weighs just 70 lbs! The V-8 weighs just 256 lbs! The target weight for the car is just 450 Kg (995 lbs)

driving.gif
jaminM3
more...
jaminM3
more..
neo914-6
Not quite new, we saw it at SEMA LV last November. F1 for the street!
jaminM3
That's weird. I didn't see it on the SEMA coverage on Speed. Or, maybe I just dismissed it because I didn't know it was developed by some true F1 engineers.

Did you actually go to the SEMA show? How did you get credentials? drooley.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 12 2007, 04:01 PM) *

That's weird. I didn't see it on the SEMA coverage on Speed. Or, maybe I just dismissed it because I didn't know it was developed by some true F1 engineers.

My previous profession was an industrial designer for a bus company. I used my old business card to get in '05 and am now in the "system". biggrin.gif

There are pics of the car in the "neo at '06" link in my signature, specifically here. John Peterson (Vegas Racer) took pics of it and for awhile used it as his avatar...

ConeDodger
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:21 PM) *

My previous profession was an industrial designer for a bus company. I used my old business card to get in '05 and am now in the "system". biggrin.gif

There are pics of the car in the "neo at '06" link in my signature. John Peterson (Vegas Racer) took pics of it and for awhile used it as his avatar...

Was it a Canadian bus company?
jonferns
The chassis weighs just 70 lbs!

thumb3d.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 12 2007, 07:26 PM) *

There are pics of the car in the "neo at '06" link in my signature. John Peterson (Vegas Racer) took pics of it and for awhile used it as his avatar...

Gillig in Hayward. I had a blast working there...
DanT
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:34 PM) *

that is funny.....I used to drive Gillig and Crown school busses for a Local School district when I was in College....
Dave_Darling
Neat concept. It even looks pretty cool from the front. Too bad it looks like utter stromberg.gif from the side.

--DD
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 12 2007, 08:20 PM) *

Neat concept. It even looks pretty cool from the front. Too bad it looks like utter stromberg.gif from the side.

--DD

The back is important too... cause that's all anyone will ever see......

And i like it from the side too, i also like the radicals, Atom, and such.

BJH
neo914-6
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 12 2007, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:34 PM) *

that is funny.....I used to drive Gillig and Crown school busses for a Local School district when I was in College....

Those were built like tanks. Mine was an aluminum bodied 27' airporter.

Speaking of college jobs, I was a campus cop. busted_cop.gif

back on topic, this car seems odd to have bodywork cover the mechanicals. There's too many angles whereas the canopy is oval, IMHO

Must be scary fast though...
BahnBrenner914
There are many catagories of automobile, and this is in one of my favorites: who flippin' cares what it looks like, it's F&^%$ng fast!
jaminM3
I would love to see what kind of lap time it could do at the Nürburgring or something. Get Kimi behind the wheel or someone of similar talent.

driving.gif
turboman808
I saw it some time ago on there website. But last night I picked up the new Top Gear magazine and was reading about it. It's down right wicked!!!
mrdezyne
Yes, this thing was in very good company at SEMA. The Michelen booth had a collection of the hottest exotics on the market. I didn't get a picture of this thing because at the time I knew nothing about it and thought it was just another concept like 100's of others at SEMA. This might be Felix's photo...
mrdezyne
This is my only photo, play wheres waldo and find it. How many other super exotics can you count in this photo? And this is only the left side of the display...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.