Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you all do this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Before.....
rick 918-S
After.... smilie_pokal.gif
Eric Taylor
That looks really good. It's an M3 5 speed right?
rick 918-S
1995 M3. Daytonaviolett, Strut brace, carbon valve cover, carbon interior trim, 18" X8.5" Hammon Wheels, Toyo Proxies, Borla Exhaust, 5sp. I bought it wrecked. I didn't wreck it.
GWN7
Looks nice. A lot hrs pounding and pulling?

I can't tell what I did this weekend. It was 914 related and if I tell my Santa suit will fall off. (Secret Project) cool.gif

But it did get me mistaken as an artist. Went into a art supply place. Bought a bunch of stuff and the guy at the checkout asked if I was working on a large commission piece. I guess wierd clothes, two days growth on my face and the gaunt look from having 4 hrs sleep made him think I'm Artsy. laugh.gif Need a cape and a wierd hat.
Brad Roberts
Friday night:

went to dinner and discussed my new future. Got home at 3:05 am.

Saturday.

went to lunch with wife to discuss what I discussed with the new future the night before.

took Andy's table back to him.

stopped at B&N and tried to find the latest RaceCar Engineering mag.

went to the shop and put the final touches on a customer car.

Sunday:

Hung out at the house.

went to shop. dug into the car posted tonight.

Pretty easy weekend.

b
Joe Bob
Make any money?????????
Brad Roberts
Only billed 8 hours this weekend.

B
Joe Bob
Yah,,,,but are you worth your billing rate,,,,,, pray.gif
Brad Roberts
If the shop was empty.. I would say no.

B
Joe Bob
Then move,,,,to a shop that has a LARGE thruput.....there a few that "I" know of looking to sell out....DO IT....

Or you can ignore me like my wife, my kids, JP and the others on this board........... blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Done. First week of Jan. Annoucement to follow when the date gets closer.

B
Mark Henry
Worked and ploughed 8” of snow, on Sunday night I went to my little girls Sunday school pageant.

I also have a project X on the go, details soon. cool.gif
DNHunt
Friday night: Office Christmas party (Assistants gave me a jesters hat)
Saturday: Santa breakfast at daughter's school (same cold pancakes as last year
Son's basketball practice
Worked on car (dropped front suspension) and went nuts
Sunday: Started sway bar installation
Church
Son's soccer game (38 degrees, light rain, gusts to 20mph) cold
Worked on car
Monday morning: Finished sway bar
Mueller
Worked on truck on Saturday, f'd up the pass. side spindle (wheel bearing failure at 70+mph, only thing holding the wheel on the truck was the brake caliper, I knew I should have replaced the bearings sooner....116,000 miles on the truck) new spindle will set me back $140....

Saturday night, met with realtor, selling our Antioch rental house
(4 bedroom, 2 bath, huge yard , currently set up as a duplex [upstairs/downstairs], but would make a nice single family home if you want to kick out the current renters) Capitol gains tax will suck, but I want to pay off some bills and "invest" some money into my machine shop.

Sunday......doing measuring and planning for new 10x16 workshop on side of house.
Britain Smith
I drove my fiance in our new Yukon from Texas to Cali. Stopped by Vegas on the way out, played some slots and saw some titties. Moved all her stuff into my place that I am renting. Went househunting and saw something like 50 places to rent and only the first one we looked at and the last one were worth seeing again...closed on the last one we saw. Awesome place, 3 bedroom, 2 batch, 2 car garage, storage and close to work. Now I am catching up on all the e-mail that I missed.

-Britain
ppickerell
Took the wife to San Francsico Saturday for lunch, a movie and dinner after. This in an effort to build up my brownie point supply for fishing trips upcoming on my calender. We saw the movie Gloomy Sunday which is about a guy who composed a song in the 30's that was so depressing sad.gif that people would commit suicide ar15.gif while listening to it. So on Sunday I locked myself in the music room and composed 7 different versions of the song on my Korg Triton sequencer aktion035.gif . Was going to smear Ketchup on my wrists and have the song playing happy11.gif when wife returned from shopping but that would have wiped out the built up brownie point quotient.
redshift
In no particular order..

I worked my last few hours of my now previous vocation (it's not done, but I am!) I repainted my rockers, I found out my grandmother is not going to make it to Christmas, and I undid a deal on a guitar.

Guitars for sale.

M
fiid
Sat - Took the dog to Fort Funston in the 914, adding to the sand population of the car by a significant amount. Bought my christmas present (new computer) (from my gf) - got all the components except the processor (out of stock). Bought half of her christmas present (jacket) which was a fraction of the expected cost. Went to a friend's christmas party.

Sun - Went to Fry's early and got the processor - Fry's at 9 in the morning is the best Fry's experience we've had yet. Stopped at Barbeques Galore and picked up the second half of gf's christmas present (GRILL!) - they had everything except the main grill unit in stock (ARG!). Later we got the second half from the San Rafael branch (made it from Bernal Heights to San Rafael in 30 minutes driving.gif ). We grilled veggies and shrimp for dinner - drank some nice wine and watched the first disk of "Lord of the Rings - Two Towers (Extended Edition)" in widescreen with DTS-ES sound. Home theatre kicks ass.
Hawktel
This weekend I went to the GF Xmas party. Lame. She won a 5 dollah gift Cert to Walmart. Somekinda boobie prize. Others got nice stuff. My Company ponyed up a free showing of Lord Of the Rings Return of the King for us. I guess thats better than a 5 buck gift cert to Walmart.

Took the GF to Dinner, and the movie Bad Santa. Great movie. I recommend it. Best Thorten flick ever. I spent friday with the boys, and talked about working on the car. Its cold though, so nothing was done.

Not the best weekend, but better than the others I've had.

boldblue.gif
seanery
I didn't do a damn thing.
Jenny
Went to play Bocce ball with people I work with and their families (christmas party), went to a friend's reception, went to my cousin's reception. Thankfully, no more obligations this year. aktion035.gif

Jen
DuckRyder
I drove home from instructing at a conference in New Orleans, then worked on a power point the rest of the weekend.
DuckRyder
Oh, sorry it is German week.

fuhr nach Hause vom Anweisen bei einer Konferenz in New-Orleans, in einem Energie Punkt den Rest des Wochenendes dann bearbeitet.
mightyohm
Bought a half wrecked 93 Firebird for a friend and limped it home with a cracked radiator and non working fan. Glad I took the fwy because it ran coolest when I was moving.

Then proceeded to fix stuff on it (remember it's not my car) so my friend can (more) safely drive it 200+ miles home.

Aren't I nice?
need4speed
Performed 3 2-hour Concerts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with my daughter, the church choir, and an orchestra, and some guy who fancies himself a big-name Christian rock-star, and therefore important enough to decide that he should pre-empt the children's choir for the closing number. (his CD's were on sale in the lobby). ar15.gif (this was about a half-hour after he soliloquied between songs about how Christmas was all about the children).

On Saturday, also, cleaned the kitchen, cut the grass, drove the kids around to various Basketball games, picked up my parents at the airport, and made my wife go to bed early so she didn't collapse from exhaustion (she works weekends).

On Sunday night - got started on producing the DVD of the concert, even though I'm pissed that instead of putting on a concert (which we've been practicing for since September), my daughter and I were apparently selling CD's for this jerk. Comparing the footage my friend got from his JVC miniDV camera to the footage I got from my Sony - image-quality-wise, I'm *really* glad I got the Sony.

Oh yeah, and I bought a nut at the hardware store to fasten down the tail light on my Ghia. smash.gif
Thursday night, I was putting them back on after reconditioning them, and inside the right rear fender, I found a screwdriver. It was not MY screwdriver. I've had this car for 4 years now, and I'm still finding stuff!
cnavarro
Tried to debug a 20 year old Trane XL 90 furnace in the office. 3 circuit boards later and lots of cut wires, my father in law and I took a trip to Indy at 4am and picked up a new 90% efficiency gibson furnace for the same amount of money as we spent on the 3 circuit boards. Ended off the day taking some cylinder heads (headflow masters 42 x 38 on 2L 914 castings, with mild P&P) to be flowed to add to my database of headflow numbers and two V8 rotating assemblies to be balanced for a shop in town and fell asleep on the sofa upon return and ingestion of a frozen turkey dinner. Never made it to the office. What a 3 day weekend.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
L8Apex
Went to friend's Bday party at Outback. Had prime rib and those onion things.

Study for final exams.

Looked at car, and gave up before I touched it.

Study for exams

Watched survivor finale.

Study for exams

Monday: bombed exam. Probably answered 20% of 4 questions right.
Bruce Allert
gotup@6hadcuppafedhorsesfeddogsfedcatsfedus
wentxmasshoppinghadlunch@OliveGardendidmoreshopping
wenthomefedhorsesfeddogsfedcatsfedus
watchedPiratesoftheCarribeanchecked
out914world.comwenttobed...dittoforSunday laugh.gif
EEEEeeeeeee-ha boldblue.gif ain't we got fun boldblue.gif

.......b
Dave-O
Sorry for the length, I will remember this for the rest of my life and you asked what i did this weekend idea.gif

It was a typical Saturday night when my 3 roommates and I decided to play a little 2 on 2 football. We get partway through the first game and a guy starts watching us play, nothing out of the ordinary. Things start getting a little weird when he removes his jacket proudly displaying his high-school jersey. The guy is in his 40’s and reeks of peppermint schnapps! He proceeds to line up in the defensive position, no questions asked. We had to explain to him that we had teams of two he'd have to find someone else if he wanted to play. He walked off the field and continued watching. Soon after came right back on the field and filled in the defense on a play. We once again explained to him that we already had teams but promised to work him in on the next game. The guy was stoked! He went back to the sidelines and opened up his bag of football gear. Who walks around on a college campus at 8 at night with a bag full of football gear looking for a pick up game in December…seriously? At the start of the game the guy quickly removes his pants uncovering a pair of shiny gold football pants. He has his heart set on playing the linebacker position but we insisted that he play all time QB because lets face it, none of us really want to get tackled by some really strange drunk guy off the street. After a few minutes of explaining how a game with only one QB works he squats to the ground to snap the ball and stares downfield. Being that there were only two defenders there wasn’t much of a defense to read. I am certain that when the man gazed downfield he saw a marked field in an NFL stadium with 21 other football players and refs in uniform lining up for the play. After a quick 4 and out (no punting) we switch sides and the guy starts getting into it. He called a huddle on almost every play and explained how he wanted “his receivers to communicate and hook up.” What can I say, the guy got the ball out there and quite often it was to a player on one team of the other. The game was ended on a short slant ending in a touchdown. Following the game, the man who called himself Steve gave us all hand-slaps and even gave Tony and me two armed bear hugs! We were sent off on our way home by his joyous announcement “Peace brothers!” and proceeded to look over our shoulders the whole way home to make sure he wasn’t following us. Football will never be the same!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave-O @ Dec 15 2003, 05:16 PM)
Sorry for the length, I will remember this for the rest of my life and you asked what i did this weekend idea.gif

It was a typical Saturday night when my 3 roommates and I decided to play a little 2 on 2 football. We get partway through the first game and a guy starts watching us play, nothing out of the ordinary. Things start getting a little weird when he removes his jacket proudly displaying his high-school jersey. The guy is in his 40’s and reeks of peppermint schnapps! He proceeds to line up in the defensive position, no questions asked. We had to explain to him that we had teams of two he'd have to find someone else if he wanted to play. He walked off the field and continued watching. Soon after came right back on the field and filled in the defense on a play. We once again explained to him that we already had teams but promised to work him in on the next game. The guy was stoked! He went back to the sidelines and opened up his bag of football gear. Who walks around on a college campus at 8 at night with a bag full of football gear looking for a pick up game in December…seriously? At the start of the game the guy quickly removes his pants uncovering a pair of shiny gold football pants. He has his heart set on playing the linebacker position but we insisted that he play all time QB because lets face it, none of us really want to get tackled by some really strange drunk guy off the street. After a few minutes of explaining how a game with only one QB works he squats to the ground to snap the ball and stares downfield. Being that there were only two defenders there wasn’t much of a defense to read. I am certain that when the man gazed downfield he saw a marked field in an NFL stadium with 21 other football players and refs in uniform lining up for the play. After a quick 4 and out (no punting) we switch sides and the guy starts getting into it. He called a huddle on almost every play and explained how he wanted “his receivers to communicate and hook up.” What can I say, the guy got the ball out there and quite often it was to a player on one team of the other. The game was ended on a short slant ending in a touchdown. Following the game, the man who called himself Steve gave us all hand-slaps and even gave Tony and me two armed bear hugs! We were sent off on our way home by his joyous announcement “Peace brothers!” and proceeded to look over our shoulders the whole way home to make sure he wasn’t following us. Football will never be the same!

HEY I like my stripe pants! confused24.gif What's Wrong with that? Atleast I left the cheese head in the duffle bag... lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif
Mockmaw
Studied for my last final exam (Climate Dynamics), took it on Saturday.. after that I vegged around the apartment in celebration of finishing a horrendous two weeks of studying, exam taking, and paper writing.. and of the end of my second to last semester of college.
dgw
Sunday night, went to a Shania Twain concert at the shark tank. Bass whaks you in the chest like a hammer and didn't quit all night. Great concert though. The lady is a classy entertainer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.