Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Misc. Tool Kit info with pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TJB/914
Hi Guys.

Last evening while at our PCA meeting I compared some of my spare tools to Gary Stellmach's original 914-6 tool kit pieces. Guess what, I don't have any 6-cyl. spare tools.

Here are my notes and photo's of misc. individual tools in Gary's set. Looking for suggestions or comments on the tools for correctness. I would guess Porsche had other suppliers and could have other brands in the kits???? confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom

TJB/914
page #2

T
TJB/914
Page #3

T
TJB/914
page #4

T
TJB/914
Page #5

T
TJB/914
Page #6

T
Johny Blackstain
Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. On top of the towel you see a modern Hircheman antenna key, black P-208 & a hubcap puller that I don't know what it's really from, but works great! Pliers have a 6 on them. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 13 2007, 11:53 AM) *

Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif

Al,

I was just trying to help your addiction/curse that you now have for a "tool kit" pray.gif biggrin.gif

Pat already has the curse & now you.

T (tool kit & rear fog lamp dealer rolleyes.gif )

Johny Blackstain
It is an addiction smoke.gif & a curse dry.gif . Here's the pliers; note the "6"in the middle. Only mark on them & they came out of an incomplete 75 911S toolkit, along w/ the Klein 21mm SP wrench.

cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
All 5 wrenches say selected special steel, West Germany. Again, the 75' 911S kit came w/ 2 & the five in the above shot, including this one below, supposedly came from a 70' 911S.

cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
Lastly a black P-208 that I really have no genuine idea what it came out of, but I had to have one if I ever wanted to service the six. Stamped P-208 & no other markings.
I am such a lunatic & so damned addicted. I'm really gonna love building my six into the CW nightmare she's gonna be! I just want to hear "is it stock?" once & I won't be able to stop laughing laugh.gif .

cool_shades.gif

BTW- still waiting on a bag promised from George (AA). Oh yeah, I'm w/ Pat on the fog light... not on the LE but maybe on the six
Johny Blackstain
Spoke too soon- here's the straight edge screwdriver for $150.00. av-943.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/porsche-356...1QQcmdZViewItem

cool_shades.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 13 2007, 01:53 PM) *

Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. On top of the towel you see a modern Hircheman antenna key, black P-208 & a hubcap puller that I don't know what it's really from, but works great! Pliers have a 6 on them. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif

One of the Parades I went to.....don't remember which. One of the notorious people at the concours event had made a dress for her young daughter from these "shop towels". They were the rage in the 80's, but not part of a tool kit.

Mini-skirts, huh? May not be a bad thing to distract the judges.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.