Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Condensor wire on distrubutor... + or - lead to coil?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Switching over from pertronix back to points to trouble shoot a problem. Which lead does the green condensor wire hook up to on the distrubitor? The positive or negative??

Thanks
Johny Blackstain
From the condeser to the hole in the distrib, where the points inside hook up & then to the neg on the coil.

cool_shades.gif
tod914
thanks Al.. got her running again..just have to time it now.
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif
What happened to the Pertronix?

cool_shades.gif
tod914
In a prior post I made, the tach was jumping all over the place.. car wouldnt idle right, was cutting out and bouncing up in rpms. Trying to diagnos the problem by ruling things out. Already swapped volt reg, throttle body switch, coil. Now im trying a dif distributor with new points and a new contact plate and condensor. It seems to be idleling very high now.. but I still have to time it. I'll try swapping the trig points for the fi as well. If none of the above work.. then into the shop for a valve adjustment and go from there. Any suggestions appreciated smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The rest of the stuff is irrelevant, especially the valves and the trigger points. It's a point (or point substitute) related problem, a voltage supply problem, or a bad tach.

The Cap'n
tod914
Capt, would a faulty tach make the engine run like that? Could a faulty ECU be the culprit?

Thanks, really appreciate all the help.
tod914
Was the pertronix that was the culprit. Just had the valves done, the car is running real well again. Thanks, all for the help smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.