Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumble-icious!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
Wow!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330146892937

cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
From what I can tell only the front headlight mechanism covers are wrong & I saw a pair of grey ones for sale last week.

cool_shades.gif
KaptKaos
Didn't Otto try and sell this few months ago?
Johny Blackstain
It says it's a relisting & the glass says Ottos' so I'd say yes. It's also missing the engine grill letters & the underside of the front tire cover is supposed to be black, not yellow or wooden looking or whatever that is. Cover is missing from the tow hook hole. I'm not sure if the front spoiler is OEM? Oh yeah, the biggie- the stripes. All this is minor & could be dealt w/ in a day. It is listed on Jeffs' LE website.

cool_shades.gif
orthobiz
Yep, it's Otto's. He had listed this on AA for 25K. Given the new mechanicals, it might just be worth it!

Paul
dr914@autoatlanta.com
this could be a real nice car with a detailing, for instance the atrocious front tire board!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look no engine lettering. Just a few small points before listing and the car would have presented MUCH better!
Johny Blackstain
I hate her... she's pretty. Might be as pretty as Knikki biggrin.gif . I'd have to see up close to know for sure. Damned she looks good!

cool_shades.gif
ptravnic
15K+ for a car w/unknown mileage? Doesn't the unknown mileage substantially reduce the "collector" aspect of the car?

It is an incredibly nice car - I'd be proud to own it BUT unknown mileage is the only glaring nod against the car that I can see.

-pt
GWN7
"Unknown mileage"

For 25k it should have a compleat rebuild
Johny Blackstain
I agree, just can't stop drooling. It seems like they put a ton of work into her, even has my pistons. The unknown mileage does leave doubt; I alway forget that cause I know mine.

cool_shades.gif
orthobiz
It has new euro pistons, wasn't the engine rebuilt? Also, I thought it was repainted but you can call Otto, he loves to talk about it. And he has a million more pics he can send you.

I spent 14K on a 22,000 mile original paint 1.8 liter earlier this year. I had the car completely gone over, new clutch, seals, sways, repainted steel wheels, tuneup, valves, 60 tiny aberrations removed from the body, resprayed engine compartment (lots of surface corrosion), yaddayaddayadda. Lots of manhours cleaning around the wheewells, new fuel lines, new voltage regulator, etcetcetc, ceramic coating to exhaust and so on. All totalled up to 9K more including a bunch of spare parts.

9 + 14 = 23K, not to mention 1.4K to ship it to the midwest in a covered wagon!

Knowing what's happening to the values on these cars, knowing that I have extremely limited time available to work on them, and knowing the CanAm cars are rare, it probably is worth 25K. But 15K last time he tried eBay? That's a STEAL!

Paul
SLITS
I whipped the shit outta that car with my non-concourse non-special paint job '74 at the WCC05.
kart54
I saw this car in person about 6 months ago. It is completely rebuilt, which the ad says if you actually bother to read it!
There are actually quite a few things not listed that have been done to the car but I think I'll leave those to OTTO to mention if anybody is serious here about buying it.
The car appeared to be a new 914 when I saw it. I did not go over it with a fine tooth comb like some of you would but it was definitely one of the nicest 914's I'd seen up to that time. I've seen a couple since that I thought were a little nicer but not much.
As somebody else pointed out, Otto loves to talk about his cars so you might try calling Otto's in Venice, CA if your really interested in it.
Just as a by-the-by the plaques on the wall that you can see in the background of the first shot are Otto's race trophies dating back to the late 60's. He is probably one of the most successful 914 racers of all time if for no other reason than he's been doing it for so long. He has a great picture in his office of he and Paul Newman from the mid 70's that is really something.
He also has one of the most amazing stacks of 914 parts I've ever seen. Rooms full of stuff. When I went in to buy a fiberglass deck lid and fiberglass front fenders from him he turned me loose in his storerooms and I couldn't believe the amount of original new and used parts he had. More than most dealerships. He has so much he doesn't know what he has.
I have no affiliation with him. Just a satisfied customer.
Randy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.