Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed front sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I had to install brackets ad this car only had the appearance group from the factory. Can't wait to try it.

Marked the car before drilling. icon8.gif
DNHunt
Drilled holes then marked the area to remove from the inside
DNHunt
Cut the notch. Not a fun place to grind but with all the practice I had on the rust repair and all the neat wheels and disks board members suggested to me I got it done. Lots of sparks to the face.
DNHunt
Test fit before welding in the backplates
DNHunt
Welded in backplate, treated everything with metal ready and Por 15 (except the mating areas I welded which got weld through primer). welder.gif
DNHunt
Final install. I used wooden blocks to parallel everything with the car. I checked it against the front bulkhead and the floor. I had to jockey it around in the 1"(well it's now a little bigger than 1") hole a little to line it up. That's why the bar looks off center in the hole.
DNHunt
Greased up with lithium grease (red stuff). Now I guess a lube and oil change will really be what it's named. Turns nice and quiet.

Dave smile.gif
maf914
Man, Dave, you are getting with the program. Every week you're making progress.

The zerc fitting on the sway bar bushing is a new one. Haven't seen that before. clap56.gif

Mike
rhodyguy
go, go, go, ddaavvee. insert cheerleader smilley.

kevin
DNHunt
I like grease. Part of my drive way is gravel and with the zerk fittings I can lube it whenever I want. Hopefully, I can flush some of the road dust out kind of like they do with heavy equipment.

Dave
Scott Carlberg
Dave,
nice job, thanks for sharing the photos and 'write-up'. smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif

What Sway Bar did you use?
DNHunt
More work on the front sway bar install today. I added the u-tabs to A arms
DNHunt
Ready to weld
DNHunt
I'm still more of a grinder than a welder but, the u-tab is stuck good.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.