Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: NorCals... PPI for a BMW in Tracy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Calling all Tracy, Stockton, Modesto, Manteca, Lodi, Hayward, Walnut Creek even Sac teeners!

I need a PPI from someone who has some bike knowledge (or not). I'm looking at a vintage BMW R75/5. It's hard finding the right bike over the internet so I need you as my eyes and ears.

Does it run? Does it smoke? Reciepts for the engine rebuild just 400 miles ago? Does the tranny go jingle-jangle-jingle? Speedo work? Odometer work? New tires? etc...

Anyone available? I can make it worth your while biggrin.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 14 2007, 10:56 AM) *

Calling all Tracy, Stockton, Modesto, Manteca, Lodi, Hayward, Walnut Creek even Sac teeners!

I need a PPI from someone who has some bike knowledge (or not). I'm looking at a vintage BMW R75/5. It's hard finding the right bike over the internet so I need you as my eyes and ears.

Does it run? Does it smoke? Reciepts for the engine rebuild just 400 miles ago? Does the tranny go jingle-jangle-jingle? Speedo work? Odometer work? New tires? etc...

Anyone available? I can make it worth your while biggrin.gif

The largest BMW Motorcycle dealership in the world is in Sacramento. If the owner is willing, they will do an evaluation for you... They must have half a dozen restorations in the showroom that look like that bike. Otherwise Meuller is close to Tracy. I own a BMW R1100RT-SE but would not call myself an expert on vintage bikes. I have a friend that is an expert but doubt I could get him to go look at it for you without snatching it up himself. It looks to be in very nice condition. I would love to have an old one like that...
DanT
Very nice Eric, I have always loved the older BMWs biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Dan,

I think I've narrowed it down to these 75/5's... although there's an R90S in Florida calling as well. It would need some work though.

Calling Mr. Mueller biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Calling "Toon1" Keith! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Problem solved... Rob is going by tomorrow to see and ride the bike!

pray.gif

MANY Thanks Rob!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 14 2007, 01:20 PM) *

Problem solved... Rob is going by tomorrow to see and ride the bike!

pray.gif

MANY Thanks Rob!!

de nada mi amigo...
ConeDodger
Just spoke to the owner. Yopu is going with me and we are on our way right now. I am taking both digital still and video. Updates later.
Rob
ConeDodger
21 pics in your email E...

Great bike. Very solid to drive. Shifts well. Stops ok... Gotta love those '71 drum brakes.
Rob
Dr Evil
biggrin.gif popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
What are you grin'n about? w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.