Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for helping hands between NY,NY and Omaha, NE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
Hello all, I recently bought a 914-6 conversion and am flying out to Ny,NY to pick it up on the 27th of July. I plan on taking I-80 back to Omaha, NE and think it will be a fun, get to know the car, drive. I am planning on taking three days to make the trip. However, I was wondering if there are people out there that would be willing to give me a hand if something unforseen happens along the way. If so please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm.

To give an idea of what I am planning I want to be in mid penn or the penn ohio boarder Friday night the 27th, Chichago area the 28th and back home in Omaha the 29th. So if you are in the area and will be avaible and willing to help let me know.

Thanks

Adam
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Adam:
You will pass about 200 yrds from my house on the 28th ,NW,Ohio Turnpike Exit at rt. 108 Wauseon Ohio. Have tools and space i will however be a little physical help, ( fractured vertebra and two 69 yr.old arthritic hips) e-mail me and I'll send you my phone # just in case. I really like guys who really drive there 914"s.
Has anyone done inspection for you in N.Y. Good luck and injoy the drive .

Dave slap.gif
jonferns
got any pics?
BigDBass

I'm about 15 minutes away from I80 in the south suburbs of Chicago. I'm still a newbie mechanic, but I have tools, manuals, and web access to offer, and a bed, food, and beer if you need. Send a PM for my phone number. Oh, and welcome.png and thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jul 15 2007, 04:39 PM) *

i will however be a little physical help, ( fractured vertebra and two 69 yr.old arthritic hips)
Dave slap.gif

OK. Here's the plan:

Adam: drive to Dave's. Pick up Dave. Drive to Cadillac. Drop off Dave. I replace his hips. You drive on to Omaha. Just a little out of the way, but worth it! And the way I do hips, Dave, you can bend as far as you want to get down into the 914 with no fear of dislocation. Club discount.

Paul
keske968
Well my Mom is comming along as well... shes an Orthepedic Nurse..... Ok back on topic. I bought the car from a guy on this forum. Here is a link to pictures. As for thoes of you who love the guys who "really drive" the 914's it will be my weekend and nice day driver... the 1994 968 is still my daily driver.

As promised here is the link

http://c12croft914sixtripod.com/20l_porsche_9146/
STL914
Don't forget that Brad Mayeur [914 Ltd.] is in East Peoria, Il which is just a short hop south of Hwy 80.
keske968
Thank you all for your help along the way. We made is safely back home and on time. 1300 miles in three days in a 914. Man what a trip. Lost first gear somewhere in NY so we had to get it going in second. Sometimes first was there... but most of the time it wasn't. All in all an uneventful trip. Didn't get pulled over or break down on the side of the road. Now begins the process of taking things apart and puttin em back together again.

Thanks again,

Adam

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.