Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Fog Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
hey! the parts car I just picked up came with a brand new set of Hella fogs, Knob (for dashboard), and grills.....ok now, installing them.......what to do, what to do...what is involved? Im putting them on our '74 1.8, that didnt come with them.

1) What kind of wiring is needed, and how is it routed?

2) How and where is the switch mounted (on the dash?)

3) Do holes need to be drilled in the front bumper to mount the lights? or are there holes predrilled for them?

thanks in advance
-JON

Oh yea, pics would be cool....
914Sixer
Wiring is in place on the cars. I am not sure about the 70 model though. Holes are there for installation. The front bumper needs to come off . Wiring should be in front trunk compartment. It is a white wire with yellow stipe and a brown ground wire. Light has to come apart to install wires.

Relay will have to be plug in to main fuse block on top. Wiring for the switch is next to flasher. Three wires are there. Brown ground, grey with red stripe and one other wire.
jonferns
anybody have a pic of the switch mounted on the dash?
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 15 2007, 07:13 PM) *

anybody have a pic of the switch mounted on the dash?

zee yellohgreenish one, zee yellohgreenish one ...
beerchug.gif Andy
anderssj
AND there may already be an indent and hole in the dash (under the vinyl)--at least there was on the 72 I've got--you should be able to feel it through the material . . .
jonferns
so, it should take a few hours of my time, right?
Joe Ricard
Depends.
Yes a 70 car has everything required to instal driving lights.
the power wires are not on the cigarette lighter side however. But right next to the head light switch.
I seem to remember the wire being purple, red and brown. This goes to a relay and then to the lights.
jonferns
I think ive decided, not to keep the fogs...Dont wanna cut up the dash, etc..plus I dont have fog light grills...maybe someday....maybe...

IPB Image
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 18 2007, 12:57 PM) *

I think ive decided, not to keep the fogs...Dont wanna cut up the dash, etc..plus I dont have fog light grills...maybe someday....maybe...

no need to cut up the dash. the hole for the switch is already there.

btw. your tits look bend ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
jonferns

I know that the hole is already there, but cutting the basket weave...Maybe when I get the fog light grills, then I will, for now, I wont....

hmm...my tits look bent, huh? -JON
Ferg
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 18 2007, 01:08 PM) *

I know that the hole is already there, but cutting the basket weave...Maybe when I get the fog light grills, then I will, for now, I wont....

Possibly upside down or reversed...

I have a nice set of grills... pm me

Ferg
orthobiz
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 18 2007, 05:08 PM) *

Especially the passenger one, kinda twisted, even.

Hey, titty twister, the bar in From Dusk Until Dawn...

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.