Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder blew
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
My Master Cylinder blew this past week...I noticed that Pellican says to go with the larger 19mm unit, does everyone agree? is it a direct bolt on like they say?

-Any other parts I should replace at the same time...also, whats the best way to get all that break fluid off the front of the floor pan by the pedal cluster!

-Thanks!!
SirAndy
yepp, direct bold on. in fact, when i got mine (blew the old one in commute traffic icon8.gif ) it was cheaper as the original Part.

get the 19mm and don't look back ...
Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(7391420 @ Dec 15 2003, 11:07 AM)
Any other parts I should replace at the same time...also, whats the best way to get all that break fluid off the front of the floor pan by the pedal cluster!

you might want to "rebuilt" your pedal cluster.
you can get a new set of bronze bushings (not very expensive).
if that has never been done, your 30 year old plastic bushings will be worn out and sloppy.

as for the brake fluid, soak it up with a rag and then clean up the rest with brake cleaner ...
Andy
Andy,

Thanks for the info, I just noticed that Strasse has the 19mm unit for cheap$$ I usually go Pellican for most stuff, but Strasse is like $40 cheaper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.