Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning House Vol...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
OK... so it's up on jackstands, I've got the engine and tranny out, interior and gauges removed, all of the wiring harness out; how do I get the paint off? And... what kind of seam sealer did the factory use? confused24.gif
BahnBrenner914
wow, your project is wayyyyy longer than mine

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Engine and tranny are out, do everything that you want to now before you put it back in, it's way easier to get to. What are you removing paint from? the body, engine, what?

Plus just having it up on jackstands, the teener will feel more at home av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Oh Brother... rolleyes.gif

Slits, tell him what he's won...
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ Jul 16 2007, 07:55 PM) *

Plus just having it up on jackstands, the teener will feel more at home av-943.gif

It's good for their spines/longs- like a chiropractor for a Teener laugh.gif . Sanding is the hardest way & also the safest. As to seam sealer, why go factory? Planning something CW? Otherwise use a modern 3M seam sealer.
Rand
I hope I misunderstood the point of this thread. I enjoy following the process people go through and think it's good for our community. And when others go through something we've been through, it's a time to step up beside THEM. Even if they ask what size tires can fit under stock fender....again.
SLITS
Well Monty, this prize package is worth a gazillion Reals.

Your prize package includes:

1.) One fun filled week (that's 6 days in Utah) at Montys' Brokeback Mountain Hideway. You will spend your entire time walking with your back to the wall.

2.) A case of 24 Ounce squeezable tubes of LZ lube. The only lube used at MBMH.

3.) A years supply of Handi-Wipes for cleaning up those unsightly messes.

4.) A weeks supply (That's 6 days in Utah) of Novicane impregnated buttplugs.

5.) One 8X10 color glossy of the Red Rocks Classic Slits' Moon

Exit stage left ...... fade to black with "Walk on The Wildside" playing in the background.

And Rand ..... the answer is yes!

Oh, and that Eric guy doesn't own a real car ..... he owns an assdragger.
BahnBrenner914
dry.gif
Eric_Shea
I hope I misunderstood the point of this thread.

Yeah you probably did but... valiant reply.

The point is, it looks as though someone is getting DWD and the "House Cleaning Vol MMMCMXIV" post will show itself to be a bare tub. My wit is an aquired taste, a little salty with the consistency of a later summer oyster. Some never fully appreciate it... Slits loves it.

What size tires "do" fit under GT flares? And are those steel or fiberglass??
Rand
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 16 2007, 05:54 PM) *

I hope I misunderstood the point of this thread.

Yeah you probably did but... valiant reply.

The point is, it looks as though someone is getting DWD and the "House Cleaning Vol MMMCMXIV" post will show itself to be a bare tub. My wit is an aquired taste, a little salty with the consistency of a later summer oyster. Some never fully appreciate it... Slits loves it.

What size tires "do" fit under GT flares? And are those steel or fiberglass??

Ok, good. beer.gif I should have known. I do appreciate that humor BTW...
Just wanted to be sure I understood it correctly and BahnBrenner914 feels laugh.gif instead of dry.gif
Howard
Eric Who?
Dr Evil
Hey! So I removed my transmission and ripped all of the guts out, how are you supposed to remove the transmission and rip all the guts out? wink.gif
pete-stevers
am i missin sumthin??
Johny Blackstain
I should have known better by now slap.gif . Cover it in gas & burn the paint off happy11.gif .
SLITS
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 16 2007, 06:09 PM) *

Hey! So I removed my transmission and ripped all of the guts out, how are you supposed to remove the transmission and rip all the guts out? wink.gif

You're the gyno .... you finger it out.

Just another black spot on the white shirt of humor.
degreeoff
Try a baking soda blaster...around here its call soda clean or some sheet...works great but will set you back a pretty penny....WELL WORTH IT!! my ever so humble opinion.....
BahnBrenner914
Use chemical stripper on that paint. It looks like snot and will clean everything off to the bare metal, just dont sniff it or it'll make that Utah shit seem really weak. smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.