Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR AX #5 at Bay Meadows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
any of you Norcal folks planning on attending....and actually driving your cars? biggrin.gif
Borderline
Hey Dan:

I thought I was going to go just to watch, but now I'm anxious to try out some changes...so I plan to be there. Any idea of what the surface is like? I wasn't too crazy about monster park.. hope Bay Meadows is better!

Also anxious to see that ORANGE engine go!
DanT
QUOTE(Borderline @ Jul 16 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Hey Dan:

I thought I was going to go just to watch, but now I'm anxious to try out some changes...so I plan to be there. Any idea of what the surface is like? I wasn't too crazy about monster park.. hope Bay Meadows is better!

Also anxious to see that ORANGE engine go!

Hey Bill,
glad you are going to make it.
from what I have been told the surface is much cleaner and flatter than Candlestick.
I will reserve judgement until I see it.
I will look forward to seeing your car in action also.

Dan
Dave_Darling
Da Boss says no more autoX for me until the air conditioning in her SC is done... sad.gif

--DD (getting the old lines out is a b*tch; not looking forward to putting the new ones in!)
Chris Hamilton
I'll be there in the red car, these falkens feel so good I just can't resist.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 16 2007, 10:19 PM) *

Da Boss says no more autoX for me until the air conditioning in her SC is done... sad.gif

--DD (getting the old lines out is a b*tch; not looking forward to putting the new ones in!)

Tell "Da Boss" that my 911 is like new. The PO spent about $1000.00 if I recall correctly, making the AC "work"? According to Ron Kain at IPB it is the best AC on an aircooled 911 he can recall. I think it really is a matter of where you want the hot air blowing on you from? Through the vents or through the open windows and sunroof... Of course, I live in the Central Valley. Your AC may actually have a fighting chance. blink.gif

I am out... I will be leading a doctoral colloquium in Jacksonville FL... 7 days of humidity to go along with the HOT air...
SirAndy
this one is too close to home to miss out on ...

never been there, what's the surface like ???
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 16 2007, 06:05 PM) *

.. coursemap ...

this looks like the paddock will be in the dirt ... confused24.gif

better bring a wirebrush to clean my schlicks between sessions.
blink.gif Andy
Chris Pincetich
I thought this was AT Bay Meadows on the race track. My street tires were gonna kick butt around that dirt oval! av-943.gif

If indeed there is a dirty spot for the Paddock I expect nothing less from GGR than a collection of red carpets on which to park. Either that or folks will turn around and go home like last time.

I'm planning to be there beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2007, 11:41 PM) *
...Your AC may actually have a fighting chance. blink.gif

Considering that the car will have four (4!!) condensors on it when it's done, the AC had better work well!

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 17 2007, 07:17 PM) *

Considering that the car will have four (4!!) condensors on it when it's done, the AC had better work well!

--DD

Oh oh... Don't let Pat Garvey see this. That's not original!!!
Nice idea though. Let us know how that works.
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 17 2007, 06:17 PM) *

--DD

Going to use parallel flow condensors to try and boost efficiency a bit?
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Jul 17 2007, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 17 2007, 06:17 PM) *

--DD

Going to use parallel flow condensors to try and boost efficiency a bit?

good luck with that....911 AC is poor at best. Not until the cars became water cooled did the AC get decent. sad.gif
Dave_Darling
Installing much of this stuff:
http://www.griffiths.com/porsche/ac/ice/index.html

Got the stuck hose out, got the bracketry for the third condensor mounted, got a lot of the dirt in the fenders cleaned up. (Damn, and I thought the 914 rocker panels held a lot of dirt!!) Did the test-fit of the third condensor as well, and all is good so far! (Stock == 2 condensors; one in the deck lid and one under the nose. This setup adds two more.)

--DD
Chris Pincetich
Lots of 914s at Bay Meadows! beerchug.gif
Scott in his pristine orange 914 is a serious player, show AND go!
Dan - thanks for all the re-runs! beerchug.gif
Demmik fast as always with bonus points for most consistent smile
Andrew B ran his white 914, the blue 100 car is still in for repair. I think I beat his time w00t.gif
Bill - super smooth and fast, gonna be tuff to beat on his home track later this year

I am looking forward to seeing the official times. I'm pretty sure I'll be third behind Larry S and Greg A in AX12, but those regulars know there is a new guy nippin at their heels. Bay Meadows was pretty cool...even had some spectators driftin in from the other events there. On-site food, asphalt paddock (not dirt), of course some funky pavement, but overall my vote is to go back there. beerchug.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 23 2007, 10:20 AM) *

Andrew B ran his white 914, the blue 100 car is still in for repair. I think I beat his time w00t.gif

Say its not true! new_shocked.gif
DanT
results are here http://www.pca-ggr.org/acresults/072107.html

2 4 cylinder 914s in the top 12.

biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
YES - I did beat Andrew B! biggrin.gif

Just as I thought, 3rd in AX 12 with my official 30.8xx time.
DNF, DNF, 3 cones, OK, 2 cones, OK, 3 cones, GREAT, 7 cones
I gotta be more consistent and start smooth then ramp it up vs. 100% on the first run. I did start slow and smooth at Altamont the next day, dropped 4+ seconds as the day progressed and only hit 3-4 cones all day. driving.gif

Whose idea was it to use 3 cones at each of the 2 slalom points??!?!!
Is it too late for another GGR rule proposal? "Each slalom point is one cone!" biggrin.gif

Still #1 Improved in the 914 Cup beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 23 2007, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 23 2007, 10:20 AM) *

Say its not true! new_shocked.gif

according to PAX, Andrew Blyholder was the best 914 out there that day ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
DanT
PAX is a pile of stromberg.gif

when it was originally done, it was predicated on the results of the drivers not the potential of the cars.
You can't tell me there is exactly .08 difference from class to class of cars.
Been trying to do away with PAX, I may be able to get it done this year.
Several years ago the stock Boxsters were kicking everyone's tails in PAX. They adjusted the scale and there you go.
What you need is a well driven car that is in a very low AX class like 15 or 16. You will do well every time. sad.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 25 2007, 10:36 PM) *

PAX is a pile of stromberg.gif

when it was originally done, it was predicated on the results of the drivers not the potential of the cars.
You can't tell me there is exactly .08 difference from class to class of cars.
Been trying to do away with PAX, I may be able to get it done this year.
Several years ago the stock Boxsters were kicking everyone's tails in PAX. They adjusted the scale and there you go.
What you need is a well driven car that is in a very low AX class like 15 or 16. You will do well every time. sad.gif

Yes, PAX is a joke - partially from silly points system and partially from those who under report points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.