Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
found these in a box in the roller I just picked up..do they belong to a 356??

IPB Image
-JON
G e o r g e
I believe you should ask this question in the originality and history forum laugh.gif
Johny Blackstain
Yes or a VW bug. Stone guards. Might even fit a 911 or big bolt on headlights you've seen on ralley 914s & such.
Cap'n Krusty
No. Wrong material, no mounting tabs, and they're not oval enough (if at all). The Cap'n
jonferns
heres some more pics...

IPB Image

IPB Image
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 17 2007, 02:46 PM) *

found these in a box in the roller I just picked up..do they belong to a 356??

IPB Image
-JON

Exclusive hub caps for the CW folks. Best post the question in the "other" forum...
jonferns
admin, can you move to the originality and history forum? thx
Cap'n Krusty
Here's the real deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Por...bayphotohosting

The Cap'n
Kargeek
Nothing to do with a factory 914 part-Just some generic headlight stone guards...check to see if they are 7" diameter.

Find some use for them somewhere.

Twystd1
Ahh Ha..!!!!!

I know something that even the Crusty one doesn't know.... !!!! YEAh..!!!!

I believe those are the original Brendeshein "Linguini" strainers that were used by the "Italian Industrial Machine Corp." after WW2.

These were primarily used to strain the seal oil out of baby harp seals.
Then the seal oil was sent in clandestine form as olive oil to Germany.
What was left of the Nazi war machine then used this precious oil to make the early "Targa Seals" for our little cars.

In fact. Thats why the Targa seals are always NLA.
The seal oil has to be imported to Germany from Russia. As they have loads of baby seals.

And don't even get me started on "Soy Milk".
Do you know how many little Soy's were killed last year by the Soy farmers trying trying to milk those little Soy's?
If you pull on there Teets too hard they die. Thousands of little Soy's were killed that way last year.

I won't use the stuff. Poor little fellas. Soy milk is going to be NLA in a couple of years if this doesn't stop. !!!!!!!!!!

Think about it.

Twystd1
Elliot Cannon
You are a sick twisted bastid Clayton! Maybe that's why I enjoy your posts so much. av-943.gif
Cheers, Elliot
Eric_Shea
Pie cooling racks...
jonferns
they are approx the same size of the 914 headlights, just doesnt have the same contour -JON
rjames
I think Wendy-o Williams of the Plasmatics wore those on stage once...
GWN7
I have one of those.......weld a handle on it and use it to dip stuff out of the deep fryer............ biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Filling the ever-present "Miles Void" well... biggrin.gif

Ahh Ha..!!!!!

I know something that even the Crusty one doesn't know.... !!!! YEAh..!!!!

I believe those are the original Brendeshein "Linguini" strainers that were used by the "Italian Industrial Machine Corp." after WW2.

These were primarily used to strain the seal oil out of baby harp seals.
Then the seal oil was sent in clandestine form as olive oil to Germany.
What was left of the Nazi war machine then used this precious oil to make the early "Targa Seals" for our little cars.

In fact. Thats why the Targa seals are always NLA.
The seal oil has to be imported to Germany from Russia. As they have loads of baby seals.

And don't even get me started on "Soy Milk".
Do you know how many little Soy's were killed last year by the Soy farmers trying trying to milk those little Soy's?
If you pull on there Teets too hard they die. Thousands of little Soy's were killed that way last year.

I won't use the stuff. Poor little fellas. Soy milk is going to be NLA in a couple of years if this doesn't stop. !!!!!!!!!!

Think about it.

Twystd1

orthobiz
QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 17 2007, 07:42 PM) *

And as Lemmy from Hawkwind said, when Wendy jumped your bones, they stayed jumped! I think most of the time she didn't wear any top on stage...

Paul
GWN7
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 18 2007, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 17 2007, 07:42 PM) *

And as Lemmy from Hawkwind said, when Wendy jumped your bones, they stayed jumped! I think most of the time she didn't wear any top on stage...

Paul

I think I still have the Playboy with the photos from Candy Goes to Hollywood that made her famous (pre Plasmatics)
Eric_Shea
And as Lemmy from Hawkwind said

Now yer date'n yourself. Most know him from Motorhead lol3.gif

I met him in LA once... damn, the man STUNK... B-A-D. Like he just had a beer bath and slathered on the BO deoderant. I had to walk away or I would have thrown up on him (probably would have helped his aroma a tad...)
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 18 2007, 08:17 PM) *

And as Lemmy from Hawkwind said

Now yer date'n yourself. Most know him from Motorhead lol3.gif

I met him in LA once... damn, the man STUNK... B-A-D. Like he just had a beer bath and slathered on the BO deoderant. I had to walk away or I would have thrown up on him (probably would have helped his aroma a tad...)

Strange, the punk-rockers here in Ohio don't smell too bad. Oh, nevermind, there aren't any [real] punk-rockers in Ohio. It is subject to individual preference as to whether that raises or lowers your perception of the state. Frankly, I can't say that my life has suffered from the absence, although we do have some stinky people here.

With regard to the headlight screens, they look like standard stuff that you can buy for your Baja bug out of Hot VWs. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think that you are sitting on any kind of a goldmine there John.

Ken
Cjllong
You guys are all wrong. Those are headlight rock guards for a Jeep CJ model. I own an 85 CJ-7 and I don't currently have those, nor do I want them. But they look exactly like the ones I would have had, if I wanted them. Yes, my CJ is Rubicon tested and it is ALMOST the same color as my 914. They look great when parked side by side!

Chris
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Cjllong @ Jul 19 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Yes, my CJ is Rubicon tested and it is ALMOST the same color as my 914. They look great when parked side by side!

Chris

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
A Jeep would HAVE to be parked next to a 914 to look great ................... The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.