Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to save a topic or thread?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrofit
How can I save a topic/thread for easy referral later on? Would like to build my own list of hot topics for referance down the road. Seems a waste of time to print each topic out(?) and library them. Easier to do that as I need the info for whatever project I'm working on. type.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 17 2007, 03:20 PM) *

How can I save a topic/thread for easy referral later on? Would like to build my own list of hot topics for referance down the road. Seems a waste of time to print each topic out(?) and library them. Easier to do that as I need the info for whatever project I'm working on. type.gif

bookmark 'em. add to favorites. whatever it's called in your browser of choice ...
type.gif Andy
rjames
You can save them to the hard drive on your own computer as well. On the very top left of your browser window click on 'file' then 'save as'. You'll be given the option to save it from there to your computer.
Rusty
On this page, in the topic title bar... there is a button called "OPTIONS".

-Click on it. it will drop a menu down.
-Select "Download this topic" A new window will appear.
-Select the type of download you want:

Printer Friendly Version
This will display the topic in a simple, printer friendly format on this page, no download is required.
Download HTML Version
This will enable you to download a HTML version of this topic to your hard drive. This will open your browser's download dialogue box
Download Microsoft Word Version
This will enable you to download a version of this topic in an editable Word format. This will open your browser's download dialogue box

jaminM3
Click the options tab at the top right and click track this topic. That's how I have been doing it and you just go to your control panel and you can click on subscriptions and see which ones you are tracking and when they were last posted to.

thumb3d.gif
retrofit
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:20 PM) *

Click the options tab at the top right and click track this topic. That's how I have been doing it and you just go to your control panel and you can click on subscriptions and see which ones you are tracking and when they were last posted to.

thumb3d.gif

All right. Looks like I've got a couple optiions. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.