Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my CSP Breather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I got my CSP breather in from the land of my fathers. Very big though. Anyone install one of these, and where did you put it? I was thinking of mounting it on the firewall.
thomasotten
Bump!

Oh, come one, don't tell me everyones breather says "Bugpack" on it!
JmuRiz
Mine does, haha.
How about on the area between the engine bay and the trunk? I have no idea how big that breather is but that'd be a place it could be more hidden and out of the way...just an idea.
Cano
No, mine actually says "EMPI"
biggrin.gif

It is mounted on the firewall, though
sww914
Mine says Kirkland Almonds, but it's transparent so I can see if it's full.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 18 2007, 02:31 PM) *

is that roasted almonds? chairfall.gif

sww914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 18 2007, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 18 2007, 02:31 PM) *

is that roasted almonds? chairfall.gif

You bet!
G e o r g e
what did that run ya? and how big is it?
por73914
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 17 2007, 10:47 PM) *

I got my CSP breather in from the land of my fathers. Very big though. Anyone install one of these, and where did you put it? I was thinking of mounting it on the firewall.

Not to seem to stupid, what kind of breather is it? Where does it go?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 17 2007, 08:47 PM) *

Thomas,
If this was me, I would be torn... You have put a great deal of attention to detail into your car and in many ways it looks to be stock when in fact it isn't... I had never heard of that breather but it is beautiful for sure...
On the one hand I would want it out of sight because of how stock your car appears, on the other... That thing is kind of sexy looking.
Options would be the firewall down low unless it drains back oil to the crankcase the way my CFR/Spunone does. Otherwise, up under the engine lid???
rhodyguy
is that for a 4 cyl engine? are you going to hook the drain lines to the heads?

k
Rand
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 18 2007, 12:31 PM) *

laugh.gif

Classic.

And I'm betting yours cost less, even with that transparency feature.
thomasotten
Here is the layout of how it is to be hooked up on a Type I.

IPB Image

I found out about this breather from this shoptalk thread.

Basically I am wanting a a closed system, which this should do. The box is about 12" X 6", excluding nipples. Cost a little over $100 shipped from Germany.
rhodyguy
no matter where you install it, it's going to require quite a bit hose. both carb draw thru and return to heads...complex.

k

Aaron Cox
please dont run them down the carbs.....

heads, and filler neck are good enough.
thomasotten
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 19 2007, 07:45 AM) *

please dont run them down the carbs.....

heads, and filler neck are good enough.

Yes, but I want a closed system. It's got to vent somewhere, and I don't want oil mist everywhere...
type11969
Search for posts by raygreenwood and PCV on the STF type 4 forum, lots of good information there about setting up a closed system.

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.