Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got the calll from my paint guy today.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
The evilbay /6 is going to the paint shop tomorrow....geez this is going fast. He got a cancellation and will do the complete body work and paint. It's nice to be owed favors in the business..... laugh.gif

Upholstery will be done duirng the same time period then I gets to pull the trans and replace the clutch.

Mark Brittel came up with some rocker panels.....just need some decent flapper valves for the heater and I be setup.....

I need to come up with a name....Rocket II or Rocket Junior don't cut it.....any suggestions? Keep it clean....Miles.....

It's gonna be yaller again....

Also I'm gonna get some of them purty air cleaners like JP has.....so the rain shields will be available if anyone needs a set.
seanery
damn dude, that'll be sweet!
Red-Beard
How much?
Joe Bob
Prolly 1800 ish.....for the paint.....the air cleaners? Dunno....make me an offer. They look like this....
rick 918-S
I guess you missed the Rocket. Glad to see things coming together for you.
seanery
I like Lewonda as a name.
redshift
Fritzy is a good German name, or Heinz.

M
Malmz
Chiquita

sm
Hawktel
I'd say call it your "Other Blonde", and see what your family says.

(Just kidding of course)

wavey.gif
GWN7
How about "Evilbabe"
sj914
Ol' yeller smile.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(sj914 @ Dec 15 2003, 08:18 PM)
Ol' yeller smile.gif

exactly the name I was thinking boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
moneypit? lol... wink.gif
Red-Beard
Suicide Blond is taken...
jonwatts
Retro-Rocket ??

How about pissoff.gif ?? laugh.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Dec 15 2003, 09:25 PM)
Retro-Rocket ??

How about  :pissoff: ??  :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Pearls of Wisdom coming from the only guy on the BBS w.o a running 914....except DDDD of course.....

mueba.gif
rhodyguy
1800 clams for the body work and paint seems swell. how disassembled does the car have to be for that price?

kevin
Joe Bob
Interior, bumpers, lights and rubber.
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 16 2003, 10:33 AM)
Interior, bumpers, lights and rubber.

Yeah, most of you guys could just drive right over there, and be painting in 10 minutes.

laugh.gif

M
Red-Beard
And be done in 20...
fuch toy
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Dec 16 2003, 07:22 AM)
And be done in 20...

I'm NOT going to RattlecansRUS......

Gonna be a nice job.....

I'm leaning towards "Blondie" as the name. Easy, cheap, like an old girlfriend......... mueba.gif
redshift
Never.

Never done.

M
Scott S
Ringo
Ferg
Cost me the same to get rid of this icon8.gif down to the metal full respray. Same deal I removed bumpers lights and all trim.
maf914
Ferg,

What was wrong with the stripes? Didn't want to match someone else's RV? laugh.gif

Whenever I see a street machine with graphics, I always wonder if anyone will want to buy it later. I guess graphics are kinda personnal.

Mike
Red-Beard
Actually, I liked the stripe as well...
Ferg
It does not show in that picture because of the shade, but they were a metalic light purple/pinkish airbrush thingy going on. It was very well done, but did not do it for me.

I believe it was scott schroeder that coined the phrase the barbie porsche when i got home with it laugh.gif . I drove it all of two days before it went to the shop.
Gint
wub.gif purple

cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Way to hi jack a thread....I blame Gint....
redshift
lol

I don't care what you call your car, I decided I wil refer to it as "Strom".

M
Gint
AAAHAGHAGHGAHHAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the ass cheeks!!!!! Make it stop! Turn it off!!!! icon8.gif

Can't wait to see pics of the new paint.

Whiner burnout.gif
Engman
E-rocket - after all thats where you got it - and its gotta stay yellow - YPAF.

M
Joe Bob
Shit....tried to order those air cleaner assemblies.....out of stock......

Went down to buy some bikes for the kids from Santa....out of stock WTF......? bootyshake.gif
Red-Beard
You want to put the K&N filters on? I'm replacing my K&N setup with a stock setup. The verdict from my engine rebuilder was the rings were killed by dirty air.
fuch toy
I already HAVE K&Ns....the ones with the rain shields. I just liked JPs set up. Really dressed up the engine bay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.