Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CURBS! CURBS! CURBS!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
So my car will be running this weekend for the first time at this house, (first time in 15 years)

What do you people do about high curbs on your driveway? QUICK!!!!
jonferns
usually, I drive over mine...you?
Ferg
One tire at a time smile.gif
markb
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif headbang.gif
dinomium
rip some 2x and make a wedge if it is that high...
rmital
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 18 2007, 03:15 PM) *

agree.gif
yep....what he said.
John
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 18 2007, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 18 2007, 03:15 PM) *

agree.gif
yep....what he said.

agree.gif

I would agree with the above. I don't have that problem, but it would solve your driveway issues.

Too bad you can't get the county or city fix that. Become good friends with the Mayor and you may just get it fixed.... biggrin.gif
Gint
No problem going up and down curbs to get in my driveway.But if you lower your 914 too much... sccccraaaaappppe.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 18 2007, 02:15 PM) *

Get RIPPED on some 2X (Dos Equis) and fugeddaboutit. The Cap'n
scotty
a little NH4NO3. Maybe a little thermite for any rebar

That's about as quick as I can get happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
I drive in at a 45...
John
We need pictures.

Show us pictures.

You must have someone document it's maiden voyage.

My advise would be to get it aligned fairly soon.

flesburg
Get a couple of bags of blacktop patch, the stuff used to patch pot holes with, and make a couple of patches in the gutter so you have a nice smooth ramp into the driveway, and when the city complains, swear that you do not have any idea how it got there. Better pack it in there at night so the neighbors cannot say that they saw you do it, and that the kids and the wife do not know the truth either.

When it rains you will have a flooded street, but who cares cause you will not be driving the 914 with a 3.2 engine in the wet anyway (or shouldn't) because you will slide off the road if you give it any fuel.

PS make sure to torque your cv joint bolts, or they might fall off (it has already happened to two flesburgs....do not go for a third.

And have a video made of the first drive, and post it here.
dinomium
QUOTE(flesburg @ Jul 18 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Get a couple of bags of blacktop patch, the stuff used to patch pot holes with, and make a couple of patches in the gutter so you have a nice smooth ramp into the driveway, and when the city complains, swear that you do not have any idea how it got there. Better pack it in there at night so the neighbors cannot say that they saw you do it, and that the kids and the wife do not know the truth either.

When it rains you will have a flooded street, but who cares cause you will not be driving the 914 with a 3.2 engine in the wet anyway (or shouldn't) because you will slide off the road if you give it any fuel.

PS make sure to torque your cv joint bolts, or they might fall off (it has already happened to two flesburgs....do not go for a third.

And have a video made of the first drive, and post it here.

If you go this Highly Illegal route, and I hope you do(!) You could be friendly to your other gutter users and put a piece of 1" Schedule 40 pipe against the curb THEN build your asphalt ramps of doom, that way the street will only partially flood and your neighbors will complain about that gawd awful racket you call an exhaust!!

and by all means DosXX are much better than one!

stirthepot.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
bigkensteele
Not trying to be the a-hole here at all, but I am thinking if you can't safely get off your property with your current ride height, then you will most likely run into problems in daily driving as well, ie gas stations, FLAPS, etc. My 911 sits pretty low, but I have never had a problem that the "one wheel at at time" solution did not solve. Not sure what your driveway situation is, but if you have to build things just to get your car off your property, I am thinking you might be too low.

Ken
Joe Ricard
Always at and angle. You know you are a 914 owner when you approach EVERY driveway at an angle even if you are in your SUV.

Having owned a LOW 928 and now 2 Teeners that are even lower for the last 15 or so years I just do it automatically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.