Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge cluster Recondtioning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeeperjohn56
just wanted to know if they is someone who recondtion's the gauge's to our teener's? I would like too do all my gauge's to look like new. Any help appreciated. John idea.gif
type47
north hollywood speedometer

palo alto speedometer

are 2 that come to mind. i've used both, there are others.
jasons
You can do it yourself too, assuming your faces are good. Use a small flat-blade screwdriver and gently pry the lip around the back of the bezel. It will get marred, but you won't see it when installed. Once you are about 3/4's of the way around the lip, the gauge will come apart. Clean the glass real good and don't get new fingerprints on anything. Go to the hobby store and get a bottle of Testors paint in the orange that looks like your needles and re-paint the needles. I always stick a piece of cardboard under the needle to keep orange paint off of the face. Also, you can rattle can your bezels with some semi-flat Krylon.

Assembly is the reverse of dis-assembly. I've done it a few times and they always looked about 100% better.

Here is the 904 gauge I built, needles painted with the Testors orange.

IPB Image
dakotaewing
If you are looking for someone else to do it for you -

Go here - http://members.aol.com/bigmarkdesign/products

Marks914 is a member here - and there have been many reports of happy customers -

TE
JmuRiz
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jul 18 2007, 07:10 PM) *

If you are looking for someone else to do it for you -
Go here - http://members.aol.com/bigmarkdesign/products
Marks914 is a member here - and there have been many reports of happy customers

I'm going to be shopping here when I'm ready to do my gauges, quad-gauge is very trick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.